PDA

View Full Version : side mirror

marse
10-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Smacked my passenger-side mirror on the garage. Egads did I muck it up good.:(

Replaced the mirror but it's loose and I'm thinking I'm either missing something or the motor mounting is broken. Anyone know where I can get a schematic of that part? And/or have a good deal on a new motor anywhere?

I don't need the ferring, just the motor (which looks like it pops right out with three screws).

Thanks,
Mark

Avid Edit
10-31-2004, 05:17 PM
marse,
Check the tension hooks, if only the glass shimmy shakes..

Willy
11-01-2004, 03:46 AM
Hi,
I have placed a pdf file on the following location containing the wiring diagrams for power door mirrors and heated door mirrors. The file contains schematics only, no parts locations or such. If you need or want more details, let me know.

http://members.lycos.nl/vdwwilly/Tech Info/

Good luck,
Willy

gary
11-01-2004, 06:10 AM
Willy,

FYI...for whatever reason the link you put in your post didn't work. This one does, though.....

http://members.lycos.nl/vdwwilly/Tech Info/

Willy
11-01-2004, 07:16 AM
Very strange, I tested it myself after posting the reply.
Anyway, as long as you got to the info :)
Once again I want to make a remark concerning the upload maximum for pdf's which is not vey useful (19.5KB) in my opinion :(
Willy

marse
11-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Wow! Thanks for the file and all the info. I need the parts blowout since I'm not sure what's missing from the mirror mouting. The wire tensioning doesn't help. The mirror practically falls out no matter what I do. I could take the other side apart but if I f-it-up then I'll have two limp mirrors. ;)

Anyway, any more info you all have is appreciated.

Marse

Willy
11-02-2004, 03:06 PM
Sorry marse, I misunderstood, thinking you needed electrical drawings. I will assemble parts info and guidelines for (dis)assembly of the mirrors. I can't do that from where I am now, give me 24 hours.
Until later,
Willy

marse
11-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Thank you, Willy.

Willy
11-03-2004, 02:59 PM
Hi marse,
I posted the info, same place as before. Note that there are two part lists, one for illuminated an one for non illuminated mirrors. Let us know how things work out (or if you need more info).
Willy

marse
11-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Holy Sh*t. That's incredible. Thank you so much for the diagrams. I have an illuminated mirror w/memory and this covers it completely. Again, many, many thanks.

Marse

coastal
11-03-2004, 06:20 PM
20K was the default setting in vBulletin for PDF's.. have upped this to 100KB.

And with respect to the link not working, it was because of the space, which the software automatically assumes as the end of the URL's string... wrapping with [url ] and [/url ] (no spaces) does the trick when spaces are involved, otherwise a simple paste into your post should render the link correctly.

Cheers!

Taylor

Willy
11-03-2004, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the intervention,
Willy