PDA

View Full Version : My XC70 -02

jordan
10-20-2004, 07:45 AM
Hello!

Im new here :)

My question id if my -02 XC70 have Haldex-all-wheel drive and 2.5T engine. I was told that from the salesman on volvo in sweden, but I have some doubts. Any one here who knows???

/Martin

TrueBlue
10-20-2004, 10:12 AM
My initial quick reply is:-

If the car is a Model Year 2002, then no, it has the Viscous coupling and 2.4T engine.

If it was made in late 2002, then it may be 2.5T and Haldex.

If you are in Europe then an easy way to tell is if it has a DSTC button, then it is a 2.5T with Haldex, come to think of it - it should have 2.5T and XC70 written on the tailgate. Older models were V70XC

jordan
10-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Hey!

Thank you for the reply. Im from Sweden and the car is from late 02. I bought it from a high pos. chief in the Volvo organization. I will check it out furter. /Martin

Jadran
10-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Hi there, I'm to come come from Sweden, and you are right about that if it says v70xc it's 2,4T and viscous and if it says XC70 the haldex and so on
even should have a new manual only for the model XC70, the old one had for the V70

TrueBlue
10-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Martin, Glad to be of help.

If you are likely to make more posts here might I ask you to update your location? Country would be nice, town as well (if you wish). It helps other members to make the appropriate comments in an answer (For example there's no point in advising Nokian WR tyres in the UK - we rarely get any snow - but in Sweden you have to have studs (?).

If you felt like it you could add a note in your signature - anything you like. You can also add a picture, although that's a little bit more challenging.

When you use the site go to "User CP" near the top left of the page, select Edit Profile, and Additional information. Whatever you feel comfortable with can be entered there.

Thanks, (hopefully...)

BTW if it's an ex-Volvo car it is bound to be full of "extras" like DNS, family pack and so on. Let us know what you have and how well they work for you.