PDA

View Full Version : November in Sweden

McCall
10-18-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm sure that common sense would lead most OSD visits in the summer months. But we can't all be THAT organized can we? :rolleyes:

Will be taking delivery of our new XC-90 in mid November. Possibly traveling down to Copenhagen for a day or two.

Has anyone done their trip in the "off season" of November, and if so, any recommendations or suggestions.

Thanks all.

dmd
11-21-2004, 11:44 AM
It will be cold, maybe icy. Generous use of the heated seats would be recommended...

MD-Daddy
11-22-2004, 03:15 AM
I'm sure that common sense would lead most OSD visits in the summer months. But we can't all be THAT organized can we? :rolleyes:

Will be taking delivery of our new XC-90 in mid November. Possibly traveling down to Copenhagen for a day or two.

Has anyone done their trip in the "off season" of November, and if so, any recommendations or suggestions.

Thanks all.

Sweden is beautiful anytime of the year. Think of it as an opportunity to beat the crowds! Unless you are driving specifically to see that amazong bridge that spans southern Sweden and Denmark why go to Denmark? Stay in Sweden, in fact stick around the region of the factory. If its museums and lights that Copenhagen offers, drive six or ten hours east of Gothenbrg to Stockholm.

Speaking as a person that had planned a trip to Sweden to pick up a Volvo, you cannot see it all no matter how had you try. It all so gorgeous and so friendly. Note: 70-80% of Swede's speak english and truely light up when you use a few Swedish words when speaking. Note2: Culturally they don't do small talk, but will in order to speak with a native english speaker.

When, not if, we go back to pickup an S40 or C70 in a few years we'll head north into Norway. Actually, WAY north up to where my fathers family originated. But not until we visit the islands of Djorn again.

Have a GREAT time, it will be fantastic!

McCall
11-22-2004, 02:32 PM
Thank MD, Just returned from Sweden over the weekend. My fears of nasty weather proved somewhat unfounded. Truly enjoyed our stay, especially the city of Gothonberg. Very nice, enjoyable city to spend some time.

We did make a one night trip to Copenhagen and were a bit overwhelmed. Too crowded, too fast and tooooooo expensive. Glad I saw it, but do not see the need to go back. The 3 hour drive to Copenhagen was a lot more palatable than the 6 hour drive to Stockholm..especially since we couldn't wait to get back to Gothenberg anyway.

The drive from Gothenberg to Copenhagen was a real highlight. The rolling farmlands of southern Sweden were beautiful. The small towns off the highway were great to see and spend some time in. The OSD program is wonderful, and I would highly recommend it to anyone.