PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Passenger Window

hansgl
09-24-2004, 07:13 AM
Hi,

The drivers window automaticly goes down and up with a single touch of the button. The passenger window only goes down automaticly, to get it up you need to keep the button triggered. Anybody knows if this can be changed by vadis or via another way?

Thanks,

Hans

Morvran
09-24-2004, 08:06 AM
It should work both ways on both front windows. Not sure what adjustment you would need, but something isn't working correctly.

Tom H
09-24-2004, 09:20 AM
hansgl,

You didn't mention the model year of your XC or your location. The 2004 models definately have the auto-up function on both the drivers and passenger front door windows. I'm not sure which model years have this function. Also, as you will discover in many of the threads on this forum, Volvo's standard features vary substantially from country to country.

gary
09-24-2004, 09:30 AM
hangsl,

Similar to Tom H. and his '04 XC, the '03 XC70 for the U.S. market has the "auto-up" function for both front windows. I would think that you could get yours do the same via a VADIS change.

tooberand
09-24-2004, 09:35 AM
Isn't auto up dependent on the switch installed in the door? I think for auto up and down you need the five position switches (auto up, manual up, off, manual down, and auto down). If he is missing the auto up position on the switch, there's probably nothing he can do.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

mrb
09-24-2004, 09:39 AM
Auto up & down for both driver & passenger windows in by 2004

Tom H
09-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Isn't auto up dependent on the switch installed in the door? I think for auto up and down you need the five position switches (auto up, manual up, off, manual down, and auto down). If he is missing the auto up position on the switch, there's probably nothing he can do.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

That is one possible explanation. It could also be possible that the ECU via vadis is not programmed to recognize the manual up position. I suggest having the dealer take a look at it. It should be a warranty issue if it is a US version since full up/down automation of both windows is the standard configuration for US models.

XC70Geo
09-24-2004, 11:20 AM
European XC70 2003 does not have the auto up on passenger side. (button is 5 way, driver side works, no VADIS code found)

hansgl
09-24-2004, 11:25 PM
I have an 2004 XC70. My dealer says it is not enabled due to security reasons. I can't imagine why. He will check for me if there is a vadis code available, but he didn't think so. So if anyone has a 2004 XC70 (european model) where it works, please let me know.

Sworsk
09-25-2004, 05:33 AM
Your dealer say security reason hmm, I think your dealer should learn to not speak about things he doesn’t know about, I mean what could that have to do with security?
Anyway, on my XC70-04 which I bought in Stockholm in June 04 I have two levels on the installed switch, if I press it gentle or to I feel it stop I will be able to control the window manually but if I press it all away down the window will go down automatically.
The same counts for closing the windows.

Morvran
09-25-2004, 06:02 AM
Not sure about security. Safety I would understand, but not security.

Willy
09-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Hello,
I lso don't know why auto up for the passenger side is not allowed, but in Belgium (and as far as I know in a number of other countries as well) it is forbidden.
Willy

mvho
09-26-2004, 06:00 AM
Hello,

AUTO UP is working in my Dutch 2001 XC on the passenger side.

AWD*V70XC
09-26-2004, 06:06 AM
Hello,

AUTO UP is working in my Dutch 2001 XC on the passenger side.

AUTO UP is working in my English 2002 XC on the passenger side as well as working off the driver side controls as well.

Tom H
09-26-2004, 06:15 AM
Based on these responses it makes me suspect that it should be a VADIS selectable function. I wonder though if the VADIS options available to the dealers themselves vary from country to country. It seems it would be too costly to have to build so many variations for the same vehicle. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of the VADIS system.

AWD*V70XC
09-26-2004, 06:23 AM
Has anyone tried putting an arm in the window (maybe not your own, haha) and powering it up to see if it stops and retracts when it feels the pressure of the jam. It took me a whole lot of guts to try it the first time, but at least I know if the kids do something stupid like sticking their head out and the other one tries to close the window, I won't be calling the Fire Brigade out.

XC70Geo
09-26-2004, 07:37 AM
Tom H wrote "Based on these responses it makes me suspect that it should be a VADIS selectable function. I wonder though if the VADIS options available to the dealers themselves vary from country to country."

I found here in this forum the VADIS code for two step unlocking and the code for auto locking (thanks for all), and gave them to my dealer.
In Hungary the system allowed auto locking, but no two step unlocking. So it may depend on the country code where the dealer starts the VADIS upgrade.

Barley
12-21-2004, 09:32 AM
I have an 2004 XC70. My dealer says it is not enabled due to security reasons. I can't imagine why. He will check for me if there is a vadis code available, but he didn't think so. So if anyone has a 2004 XC70 (european model) where it works, please let me know.

My passenger window automatically goes all the way up/down when I hit it once. Bought in Germany but made for U.S.

tooberand
12-21-2004, 10:28 AM
So if your country currently does not allow this upgrade, could you drive to a Volvo dealership in another country (much easier for you guys in Europe) and have this done?

littlewaywelt
12-21-2004, 10:44 AM
So if your country currently does not allow this upgrade, could you drive to a Volvo dealership in another country (much easier for you guys in Europe) and have this done?

It would probably be dependant on the dealership. If they have to enter your VIN into VADIS, it could be flagged what VADIS codes are acceptable. Additionally, the dealership may not wish to expose themselves to a liability issue or the wrath of Volvo/Thor's Hammer.

I tried to purchase Volvo's ISOFIX infant seat from England. If anyone remembers, there was at least a two year gap between the introduction of ISOFIX / LATCH anchors and the time when either an infant LATCH or infant ISOFIX seat came to market. I had many protracted discussions with VCNA about getting the Volvo seat since they advertised it in one of their US catalogs. An English Volvo dealer refused to sell it to a friend of mine when she opened her mouth saying it was going to be sent to the US. I called another dealer and with great wit they refused to sell me one unless "I moved" to England.

CrazyTiger
12-22-2004, 03:11 AM
Has anyone tried putting an arm in the window (maybe not your own, haha) and powering it up to see if it stops and retracts when it feels the pressure of the jam. It took me a whole lot of guts to try it the first time, but at least I know if the kids do something stupid like sticking their head out and the other one tries to close the window, I won't be calling the Fire Brigade out.
Thanks AWD.. This info is really helpful and important!! Especially to people with kids. :)

I guess that is the main reason why the rear window only does auto down and not auto up.

hd70
12-22-2004, 05:00 AM
This doesn´t work. (Not for me). I wanted the speed limiter to be removed but the system (VADIS or Volvo) didn´t allow it based on my VIN number. I have an US model (04 XC70) but live in Germany.

XCharlie
12-22-2004, 11:06 AM
I also have a 2004. My drivers-window goes op & down automatic, the other one just one way.

Maybe only European models?

Xcharlie

CrazyTiger
12-22-2004, 08:59 PM
I also have a 2004. My drivers-window goes op & down automatic, the other one just one way.

Maybe only European models?

Xcharlie
It seems like it. ;)

XC70 or rather all Volvo model in my country are European models. As with all my previous Volvo, only the front driver/passenger window has auto up and down function. But both the rear window has no auto function. One of Volvo safety feature I presume, so the kids will not get stuck in the windows when playing with it.:)

kat
12-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Both front go down on auto, only driver auto up.
Dealer told that was the way it was meant to be when I picked the car up from new, UK spec car

lavrgs
12-26-2004, 09:10 PM
For what it's worth the passenger window on my '01 will automagically close using the switch in the drivers position