PDA

View Full Version : Car Seats twins on the way

geff
09-15-2004, 07:11 AM
Ok here is my dilemma, has anyone with three kids tried to put three car seats in the XC? WE have a three yearold daughter and we have been blessed with twins this March. Help ideas on how to make this work or someone who has made this work? I am a little leary of using the integrated booster seat on my 2002, help comments or am i relegated to the mini-van culture now. We really do not want to do this so i am asking for your help....

bensmom243
09-15-2004, 11:54 AM
What exciting news regarding the babies! I have been told by others much wiser than me that it almost always possible to get 3 carseats in a backseat, it just really depends on how they all fit together. I would be leary of using the built in booster for your 3 yr old as well, most kids are still to "wiggly" at that age to sit properly. One option might be to put the babies on the outboards seats, using infants seats without the base and have your 3 yr old in the middle in a harnessed 5-pt seat, depending on his/her weight. This accomplishes two things, a 5-pt restraint is safer than a belt positioning booster and you won't have to squish your hand between seats to reach the buckle 500 times a day to get the kids in and out.

I haven't tried 3 seats in a 2002 XC, but did have occasion to use 3 in my 98 V70 and it was doable, but I really wouldn't want to do it everyday. We now have a 2004 Sienna which is boring, but so practical with little ones!

What about an XC90!

Good Luck,

Jill