PDA

View Full Version : Missed opportunity to give out XC Flyer!

Tom H
09-12-2004, 04:40 AM
:rolleyes: Darn. I've been telling myself to print up a handful of flyers just in case I see one of the extremely rare XC70s in my area. Sure enough, we made a stop yesterday at a local pet store and there it was, a very clean looking 2003? XC70. It was the darker green (nice color) that was dropped for MY04. Near perfect condition. Of coarse I parked rite beside it. Like a stupified teenager, I'm looking inside to see what options it had, checking the plates to see if was from our area, looking for dealer emblems or sticker to find that was purchased locally. I even walked slow looking back occasionally as we entered the store, hoping to see the owner(s). My wife goes...Hello...Tom. Don't forget we're here because it's our 10 year old's birthday. Am I crazy or what. I'm 53 years old and act like 16 when I see another XC70. Somebody help me. As soon as I got home I turned on my computer and printed those flyers straight away. LOL

gibbons
09-12-2004, 08:52 AM
In my area, I see another XC on the road about every 4th day. I saw one driving home from work last week, close to me on the freeway headed the same direction. I thought to myself, "man, these really are odd looking cars." :) I would call it loveably odd, there is nothing else like it on the road. That was one of the reasons we bought it. If I was a ga-jillionaire, I would still drive an XC.

Bluegrass-XC
09-12-2004, 10:25 AM
If I was a ga-jillionaire, I would still drive an XC.
AMEN !!!

We took a long weekend last week to beautiful wild West Virginia and I saw quite a few XC's. The fact that the Morgantown area has a much higher elevation from MSL and the fact that it snows a lot more there (frequency and amount) than here in Louisville would account for the popularity.

(Note to self - Print those fliers!!)

Ron3KL
09-13-2004, 06:50 AM
I would call it loveably odd, there is nothing else like it on the road.

A few years back we had a '89 Toyota Corolla SR5 4x4 Wagon (came after the original Tercel wagon), which was one the first cars I know of to have the 'eye level grill' tail lights like the 850 Estate/V70/XC70 Volvos. When we first got an 850 and had it parked next to the Corolla SR5, some folk thought we had a pigeon pair when looking from behind. I think the Corolla was even odder than the Volvos. Even now I can recognise one in the dark from along way behind with its slanty tail lights right up near the roof.

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.research_specs?vehicle_code=19971112.1 6:25:19&current_rec=117&make_name=TOYOTA&model_name=COROLLA

Tom H
09-17-2004, 03:22 AM
Tell me I'm dreaming! Yesterday I had to make a stop at a local hospital to visit a friend. As I pulled into the parking lot what do I see? The exact same XC70 that I saw 4 days ago! I couldn't believe it. This location is actually in a different town about 15 miles from the last encounter. Oh, and yes, I did print out the flyers. They were setting rite there on my kitchen counter where I left them. Dah....