PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Cargo netting for XC70

Morvran
08-25-2004, 01:47 PM
I'm looking for the cargo net that extends from the rear of the back seats and hooks into the ceiling. Not the hard barrier and not the netting that holds items down to the "floor" of the car. This usually comes with the versatility pkg, and my dealer is being a butthead about ordering it seperately (he says he can't).

PMs appreciated.

Tom H
08-25-2004, 03:09 PM
Morvran,

I don't think you can add the ones that are supplied from the factory because they are built into the seatbacks. I have those on my 04. Funny thing is that I only have the premium and touring packages. There is an aftermarket version available from Volvo. Try this link.

http://www.volvopartsworld.com/v70-2g.htm

Morvran
08-25-2004, 04:17 PM
Hmm, I found that one here too: http://volvo.autowebaccessories.com/store/prod126_173_1384.php

Maybe that is the only option then (aside from the hard one). Does anyone know if the hard one works when the back seats are down too?

That is weird that Volvo wouldn't make the mesh net as an accessory, since everyone has that slot to put the net into.

cetaft
08-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Would this be helpful?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7918689153&category=63690

Morvran
08-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I had been looking there and hadn't seen anything. I don't want one with a tear at any rate...and this is the aftermarket version which I'm not sure I'm going to go for. Although that may be my only option other than the steel one. Thanks again for the tip though! :)

Does anyone know if the steel gate swings up in both positions? ie, with the back seats up and with the back seats down.

slowflyer
01-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Does anyone know if the steel gate swings up in both positions? ie, with the back seats up and with the back seats down.

At least on MY01 the barrier swings up in both positions as it is attached to the roof, not the seat. When the seatback is down the barrier extends a little farther forward if it is left down.

littlewaywelt
01-10-2005, 12:41 PM
http://www.volvopartsworld.com/volpartpage3.htm
this is the nylon barrier that pulls out of the seats.
it is available as a part or as a dealer installed option.

you have three choices:
I have all three for our 01 (it came with both nylon ones and we purchased the steel one later) and the pull out in our 05. i fiddled with them and most prefer the steel barrier because it's strong, folds up out of the way and can be used with the vertical divider in the cargo area. It also interfers with rear visibility the least. The only problem it has is it's incompatibility with the 3rd row. Aparently Volvo doesn't understand the need for the cargo area to be used as luggage & dog transport and kids transport.

steel barrier - does not work with third row seats - works with 60 40 and 40 20 40 -does not attach behind driver seat - $250 - does work with seats folded down, though it's a little loose and it doesn't go all the way to the floor, but neither do the other two options. If you use the vertical divider it's pretty stable even with the 2nd row seats folded down. I'm not sure what use it would be when the seats are down.

fold up nylon barrier works with 60 40 and 40 20 40 -also attaches behind driver seat with or without seats folded down -about $150 as a part order -

pull out nylon barrier - only works with 60-40 seats comes with versatility & touring packages (no longer offered) -also attaches behind driver seat with rear seats folded down- about $300 as a part order. downside? any smart dog will figure out they can poke their heads right through the split. Upside is that you can use it with the 40 section folded flat.

slowflyer
01-10-2005, 08:00 PM
I have netting from MY01 used less than a year available. If you are interested let me know.

Two sets of numbers are stamped on it: 8626309 and 12539.

ephesus
01-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Hi I bought my trunk net from this company. You can ask them :)

www.thecargonetstore.com