PDA

View Full Version : Hidden radio setting

newv70xcmom
08-25-2004, 08:26 AM
I was able to access the hidden settings on my radio. I am not sure what all of it means. Could some of you more experience owners tell me how you have yours set. I do understand sound is subjective, but would still like to know how someone else did it.

Brigantine Islander
12-14-2004, 11:25 AM
I was able to access the hidden settings on my radio. I am not sure what all of it means. Could some of you more experience owners tell me how you have yours set. I do understand sound is subjective, but would still like to know how someone else did it.

I too was able to access the hidden menus and took someone's advice of increasing the lows to a +2. Now this morning I read somewhere that a favored setting of someone else's was LOWS=4, MIDS=5, and HIGHS=6, which I'm going to try this evening... Hoping for some of that concert hall clarity, ya' know what I mean?

Legend854T5R
12-16-2004, 11:35 AM
I listen mostly to modern rock/alternative music and accoustic rock, so I set my EQ as follows (hold down Source button, press power, continue holding source till it comes up, then use source to change the settings (turn to change level, press to switch to next option).

Front Lo1 4
Front Lo2 3
Front Mid 3
Front Hi 5

Rear Low 0
Rear Mid 2
Rear Hi 4

For the other settings I have ASC on and set to high (I like my music to be the only thing I hear). I would try it on high for starters and if you think the volume change when you change speeds is too drastic then drop down to medium or low. I have DNR (Dolby Noise Reduction) on and set to high because I live in a hilly area where the reception on FM radio is horrid. The radio sounds SO much better like this in my XC70 with the window antenna than it does in my 95 T-5R with the retractable mass antenna.

Hope this helps a little.