PDA

View Full Version : Anti-skid Service required

8pack
04-01-2024, 07:26 AM
2007XC 231k miles

UPDATE: It reset itself and seems to have gone away! Must have been the bumps. Let's see if it stays away. Thanks all!!'

Got the above error.

I know there are lots of potential issues including a faulty steering angle sensor. I replaced the ABS toothed rings about 20k miles ago. It happened after driving around on some rough terrain. I have a field in my back yard and I was pulling a small 8x4 trailer to move some brush around. It was the uneven and bouncy. I didn't bottom out or anything just bouncy. Is it possible that threw off the steering angle sensor? Is it possible it will correct itself?

Any harm in pulling fuses 6 and 23 and disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU and see if it goes away? I also think I can try to recalibrate the steering angle sensor? A used one is $100 on eBay if necessary. Before I spend money on a new one I would want to check for codes.

I know I should run it through Vadis to get the codes. I don't have one and live in a rural area in western MA where I am 1hr from the Volvo dealer. With the mileage on the car I don't want to pay dealer prices so if there is some basic troubleshooting I can do before I go that route I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Astro14
04-02-2024, 04:53 AM
There is no harm in pulling fuses and disconnecting the battery...but also, no benefit. There will still be stored codes. I would get a decent copy of Vida - I think I paid $100 for mine, including the multiplexer, and put it on an old laptop. If you don't have an old laptop (I think mine runs in Windows 7), then a Foxwell NT530, for about $170 on Amazon, will read and clear all possible codes.

RobotPete
04-03-2024, 04:11 PM
Had a similar issue that was caused by going through mud. Cleaned the ABS rings but still found one sensor was damaged on the face. Changed the sensor and all was good.