PDA

View Full Version : Outside Temperature Reading Wrong

Zypee
09-16-2023, 05:35 AM
2001 V70 XC with 140K miles: Outside temperature for example reading 28 degrees when it's 80 outside, causing A/C not to function when climate control set to "Auto". Climate control works fine when Auto turned off and set manually.

Read on other threads that it's usually the outside temp sensors located in the side view mirrors need to be replaced. Took it to my Volvo dealer and they're telling me it's the climate control module's |temp sensor inside" and want $1,600 to replace it. That doesn't make sense to me, has anyone else experienced this? If my climate control module was bad, don't you think I'd have other issues with the climate control? Everything else works except Auto, and I'm pretty sure that's because Auto relies on the external temperature to adjust accordingly.

Astro14
09-18-2023, 10:09 AM
That thermistor is in the Climate Control Module. It can be replaced with a used module, then programmed and checked with VIDA.

If the OAT is reading wrong - and you've replaced the outside temp sensor - then it might be time for a CEM, that routes all those signals...

hoonk
09-24-2023, 02:59 PM
Outside temperature for example reading 28 degrees when it's 80 outside, causing A/C not to function when climate control set to "Auto".

Read on other threads that it's usually the outside temp sensors located in the side view mirrors need to be replaced.

Yes if the CCM thinks it is 28 outside - the compressor won't come on. The sensor for outside temp is in the mirrors. One side is for the fuel injection, the other is for the outsdie temp gauge - sorry, don't remember which side is which. The temp sensor in the CCM is for the inside air temp. Many have found broken wires to the sensors, usually AFTER buying and replacing a part they did not need!