PDA

View Full Version : Oil Sump (Pan) Pipe

Oka
10-12-2021, 12:41 PM
Am so pissed. Cleaned the pan and the pipe (arrowed), and now I misplaced it; still looking for it in the garage. I remember cleaning it. Called two wreckers in the lower-48 and they don't have it separately. Anyone know where I can get one?

Cheers

Astro14
10-12-2021, 06:47 PM
I would call Erie Vovo directly and ask before giving up on the used market. Beyond that, except for getting a new sump, not really. Given the price of new, I would really keep looking...

https://www.fcpeuro.com/Volvo-parts/V70/Oil-Pan/?year=2002&m=218&e=153&t=5&b=6&d=59

Oka
10-14-2021, 11:11 AM
I would call Erie Vovo directly and ask before giving up on the used market. Beyond that, except for getting a new sump, not really. Given the price of new, I would really keep looking...

https://www.fcpeuro.com/Volvo-parts/V70/Oil-Pan/?year=2002&m=218&e=153&t=5&b=6&d=59
I will continue looking for it. Been busy. Will start again this afternoon.

ErieVovo don't have just the pipe.

Cheers

NTXC
10-14-2021, 05:42 PM
I’ve got one sitting in the garage after an ultrasonic cleaning. You can have it if you pay for whatever the shipping will be. I’m in CT so logistics may be a thing but if you cover postage you can just have it.

Oka
10-15-2021, 06:10 PM
I’ve got one sitting in the garage after an ultrasonic cleaning. You can have it if you pay for whatever the shipping will be. I’m in CT so logistics may be a thing but if you cover postage you can just have it.

I just found the part. It was sitting somewhere I am so pissed to even mention, right there in the open.

I really appreciate your kind offer. Thank You! Thank You!! Thank You!!!

Have a nice weekend and please keep safe enough.
Cheers

Oka
10-17-2021, 12:50 AM
9544 9545

Been a while I removed the pipe from the pan.
Would you remember what/which ring goes into "A"?
VIDA parts shows it as same as in "B". That will fit the pipe at "A", but looking at the mating part on the pan, it should have the same ID but with a wider OD.

Cheers.

Astro14
10-18-2021, 03:36 AM
I think they’re both that red o ring. The ring fits around the pipe in the photo shown. It’s not loose in the casting as your photo implies.