PDA

View Full Version : New car..new phone syncing issues

Dog3leggeddog
12-22-2020, 07:21 PM
Hello All,
New to me a 2007 xc70 with I think the factory system (to the right of the steering wheel on the dash). When I try to sync the phone with the system, the Volvo name comes up on my blue tooth but the lady tells me the sync has been disconnected as soon as I get a chance to enter the code. She tells me to refer to the owner's manual which I do not have. My guess is that the phone does not jive with the older blue tooth signal?? My phone is an iPhone 11. My Samsung worked just fine :(. My kids talked me into an apple....God, why do I listen to them! Has this happened to anyone else and is there a fix please smarter person??
Thanks,
Lee

Astro14
12-25-2020, 02:35 PM
I really don't have an answer for you, I just wanted to post and let you know that folks have read your question.

I suspect that you've got an aftermarket bluetooth adapter installed. I don't think Volvo did one that year as an integrated part of the head unit.

Perhaps posting a picture of what you've got would help. I've kept the '02 XC very stock, but there are a lot of members on this forum who have done aftermarket units, and a picture might help them identify what you've got.

Cheers,
Astro

jgadbois
12-26-2020, 08:54 AM
You can download the owners manual from volvocars.com in the Help and support section.