PDA

View Full Version : Nokian owners

bigtomhammer
08-08-2004, 08:49 AM
I will get the Nokian WR's put on Tuesday and am wondering what the info pin does.

Thanks

Tom

gibbons
08-08-2004, 07:10 PM
It's for marking which tire is which. Say you have two sets of wheels, summer/winter. When you take your winters off, you put the little green pin in aimed to the corner of the car where the tire goes next time. With WRs, though, you won't be taking them off (hopefully). However, they might come in handy if you let your dealership rotate your tires, just to make sure they don't inadvertantly juggle them. But then again, they are directional, and the brake dust is a dead giveaway....

If you haven't seen them, there is a little round hole discretely molded into the sidewall down by the bead with a graphic of 4 tires (front ones turned at an angle), and a little green pin kinda like a small thumb tack with an arrow on it to aim at a particular tire.

bigtomhammer
08-09-2004, 05:21 AM
It's for marking which tire is which. Say you have two sets of wheels, summer/winter. When you take your winters off, you put the little green pin in aimed to the corner of the car where the tire goes next time. With WRs, though, you won't be taking them off (hopefully). However, they might come in handy if you let your dealership rotate your tires, just to make sure they don't inadvertantly juggle them. But then again, they are directional, and the brake dust is a dead giveaway....

If you haven't seen them, there is a little round hole discretely molded into the sidewall down by the bead with a graphic of 4 tires (front ones turned at an angle), and a little green pin kinda like a small thumb tack with an arrow on it to aim at a particular tire.

I have seen them and wondering if you need to move them when rotating the tires front to back? Also, doesn't it change color when it is colder out?

And yes, I am leaving them on all year. And another thing, they are not going on my Volvo, they are going on my Honda Odyssey. Went the the Ody club and they mainly have heard of only the Hakkapollita and winter tire only, nothing on the WR. Since I knew it was pretty big here and I have a Volvo, I thought it would be ok to ask on here. If I like them, they will go on the Volvo when those tires wear out.

Thanks again for the info.

Tom