PDA

View Full Version : Location - Location - Location

AWD*V70XC
08-08-2004, 02:39 AM
Reading the different posts, some of which are more interesting than others if the numbers of views and replies are anything to go by, it still annoys me that we don't know where everyone is located on this planet. :confused:

Is it that bad to hide your location :p , afraid to admit you drive a half decent car :D , I don't think so. :cool:

While some of us drive left hand cars :( and the others drive right hand ones :o , the make-up and components are the same. Sometimes there will be country variants, sometimes the cars come with value added extras :D but, we all drive a unique car to everyone else and by the membership numbers we are proud to join here as one big family, helping and giving our best advise when we can. [pico]

An interesting subject raised here was the problamatics of the A/C unit, I am sure this is only related to 'hot countries' of which the UK would not be regarded as a hot country but now and again we do have some hot weather which requires us to have the A/C on. If owners showed locations we might have a better understanding of the conditions that cars out-proform themselves and where they don't. This way we would all get to know if we are likely to suffer the problems of others. :)

For shy people an area would do like Frankfurt, Germany :cool: or Durban, SA ;) would be a great help in understanding your local issues.

Also on several comments recently, members have been surprised by the good nature of the dealer and their approach to a problem. The one that springs to mind is the tow bar thread in which a member had the correct tow bar installed after showing the dealer this site and when the member came to collect their car they also found the bumper/fender had been replaced FOC. :D Unfortunately they never said who the dealer was or where they were located so a little praise would also help us keep our best dealers and chuck the rest. Volvo do monitor how dealers proform and will or will not renew their dealership for the following year. :eek:

So let's see everyone rush to their user cp :p and fill in your location and let's show the World where we are hiding. :D

barrysharp
08-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Location - Location - Location

????? - Sussex - UK

Fill in the X :)

hunterxc
08-15-2004, 09:21 PM
I am the bike rack guy. Since I didn't mention, I am in San Rafael, Marin County, CA, about 20 min. north of the Golden Gate Bridge, 1/2 hour south of Sonoma/Napa wine country area. Lots of Volvos in this community. Marin Volvo is the dealer.

AWD*V70XC
08-16-2004, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the reply HunterXC, what I meant was to amend you details in the user CP and then click edit profile, then go to the section about where you live. At this stage you can put in something like Marin County, CA.

This helps other's to know what area or spec of car you have when you have a problem or offer advice on your car.

Thanks for your post anyway and hope you see reason for me asking. :D

hunterxc
08-17-2004, 10:48 PM
Thanks for walking me through the profile update.

hunterxc
08-17-2004, 10:50 PM
and it only took 2 tries to get the sig. :D

AWD*V70XC
08-18-2004, 01:17 AM
Glad to help out ;)