PDA

View Full Version : $1000 rebate for AAA, $1000 for Volvo Club

iroll
07-29-2004, 07:32 PM
This is great. There is a $1000 rebate for AAA members, on xc70 or v70, $1000 for Volvo club members (vcoa.org) on v70 or xc70, $500 on xc790, large discount for IBM employees.

You have been a great help. I just found out about these. Hope they help. My dealer said that they are stackable.

KnowItAll
07-30-2004, 12:00 PM
Iroll,

The VOCA rebate is from Volvo cars N.A however,just make sure you read the fine print.Voca says you need to be a member for 1 year, and Volvo cars says you need to be a member of VOCA for 6 months inorder to qualify for the rebate.I would think the 6 months is the correct one since thats what Volvo says,and the check is comming from them.
Volvo is also giving $1000 if you have used and will use vfna (volvo finance)$500 AARP,free preimum pacage $2400,$2000 cashback IF a purchase.Plus invoice or lower so for a $39,340 Xc if one qualifies for all involved your down around $31k NOT including the G back from VOCA.
Not bad........

chuckyg
07-30-2004, 12:46 PM
newbie here!
getting ready to buy a new xc70.
currently they are offering the premium and touring package for free (mfg Rebate). essentially around 33k out the door (plus tx & license).
WOW! :) , AAA $1000 cash back, noted above looks sweet.
Where on the www.aaa.com website can I find that :confused: . i did a search with no luck.
Also, does anyone know if August will have more discounts based on a
sell-off of the 04's?
this is a cool website. very informative
thanks
chuckyg from san diego CA

iroll
07-30-2004, 09:55 PM
I dont' know about the AAA source, but the dealer can print out a form for you.
Good luck.

chuckyg
08-02-2004, 02:24 PM
yo, chuckyg here,
dealer says that aaa $1000 rebate is not stackable.
any suggestions? different dealer?

chuckyg
08-04-2004, 04:23 PM
I still am unable to find anything regarding the AAA $1000 rebate.
I am gonna buy the car tomorrow, PLEASE HELP ME SAVE A GRAND! :)

iroll
08-04-2004, 09:36 PM
I bought in NC and my dealer had a form printed out which he gave me.
It said "Carolina AAA" and has a mail -in address through Volvo of North America.
How about trying to call your local AAA club or another dealer in your state?
It made a huge difference for me.Good luck.

chuckyg
08-05-2004, 10:41 AM
irol,
thanks for the reply.
I spoke to Volvo of N.A. and that offer is only in southern states and ky.
I appreciate the lead on this. Unfortunately, not available in sunny california.
I am buying it today....xc70, silver, graphite interior, prm pkg, tour pak, xenon wheels, went with the halogens instead of the bi-xenon, (after reading info on this site and other sites; ie saab, audi), and 3 way split seat with booster seat.
i am stoked!
this site is awesome.
any skiers out there? Telemarkers? check out my favorite site/forum....
www.telemarktips.com
tell um chucky gross sent you!

littlewaywelt
08-05-2004, 04:13 PM
lots of skiers on this website.
33 years on snow, about 25 as a racer, 10 as a racing coach and 3 as a patroller. my brother is a pretty sick tele guy. after seeing him ski down rainier with a 60lb climbing pack i was duly impressed.
welcome!
ski fast.

iroll
08-07-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm sorry the AAA rebate wasn't available in your area, but I'm glad you found a great car.
My 04 xc70 just got 29.97 mpg on 350 mile round trip to the beach. Amazing.
Hope you have equally good luck!

chuckyg
08-30-2004, 02:19 PM
This is a web-based program. Below is a basic listing of how everything flows.

1. They access the website, using the address noted in the announcement letter. (www.volvoprogram.com)

2. They log onto the website, utilizing the access code (CDLFfc3 in the New Users Enter Your Access Code Here box)

3. As a New User, the system will automatically take them to another screen and prompt them to create their own personal e-mail and password information. The system will then take them to the Home Page and they are now ready to surf the website.

4. Once they have accessed the website and created their personal e-mail and password information, they will no longer utilize the access code listed above. For all future website access, they will log onto the website by typing in the e-mail and password information they created previously, in the appropriate boxes located under Registered Users.

5. Upon accessing the website, the system will always take Registered Users directly to the Home Page. From there, the entire website is just a click away.

6. Under the "2004 Eligible Vehicles" tab, members can view the cars listed and the incentive amount for each vehicle.

7. They will probably notice an expiration date on the Eligibility page, and the Terms & Conditions page. Currently it shows August 31, 2004. That date refers to the expiration date on the current incentive amounts, not the overall Corporate Sales program.

8. They purchase a new 2004 Volvo product, from whichever Volvo Retailer they choose, taking full advantage of all Retail Incentives that may be offered, on their particular model, at the time of purchase.

9. At the bottom of the "Home Page" on the website, there is a PDF file link, that will take them to the Check Request Form.

10. They print out the Check Request Form and fill it out. They then send the Check Request Form, along with a copy of the signed Buyers Order, from their Volvo purchase, and proof of their membership in the California State Automobile Association, to the address indicated on the form.

11. They have sixty (60) days from the date they purchase their new Volvo, to submit the Check Request Form and all required documentation.

12. Approximately six (6) weeks later, they will receive a check, directly from Volvo, for the appropriate incentive amount, based on the vehicle they purchased.

iroll
08-30-2004, 03:54 PM
One AAA source says that the incentive is dropping to $500 from $1000, effective 9/1/04.

pj57
08-30-2004, 09:14 PM
Puchased my 04 this evening on LI, NY. (Ash Gold, Brown Leather, Xenia Rims, Touring, Premium, Booster Seats)

Utilized AAA no haggle pricing. Purchased $40,275 list car for $31,500. Could not do better, two local dealers refused to sell at this price, other three agreed to match offer. Problem on LI is that dealers are running out of stock, or some would lowball the trade-in.

Very happy with the deal. Great car for the $$.

Looking forward to driving my new XC70 tomorrow afternoon!!!

Will try to get the extra rebates from Volvo NA if possible.

Thanks for the help! :D

iroll
08-30-2004, 09:21 PM
What a great price you got!

What is AAA no haggle price?

pj57
08-31-2004, 03:00 PM
The no haggle pricing is listed on the AAA website. You go to auto buying select your manufacturer, enter zip code. The site list dealers who participate and have a specified salesperson.

They quoted me the price and it was the best I found.

hunterxc
09-09-2004, 03:03 PM
One caution on the rebate mailing: I sent in the rebate form certified so I could track it on the usps web site. When I checked their web site it indicates that they attempted delivery but no one was there to sign for it so it is "undelivered". I called the post office in Dearborn, MI and they are very familiar with the Volvo PO box because Volvo only picks up their mail "about once a month" :mad: The post office said I could fill out a recall of mail form and fax it to them requesting they deliver without the certification which is fine with me. I guess my other alternative is to leave it there hoping it will get picked up but I am taking a chance on missing the 60 day submission deadline if it ends up being sent back to me before it is picked up. I do not want to take a $1000 chance on that. :eek: Any thoughts?

littlewaywelt
09-09-2004, 06:23 PM
The no haggle pricing is listed on the AAA website. You go to auto buying select your manufacturer, enter zip code. The site list dealers who participate and have a specified salesperson.

They quoted me the price and it was the best I found.
This seems like an amazing deal the dealers in my area offered invoice to AAA members, which hardly seems like a deal.

bluexc70
09-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Hunterxc,

Thanks for the note. As a matter of fact I did the same thing. In my case the USPS website still only says that the item was taken in at the origin, nothing about destination after more than one week now. This is also strange isn't it. Do you know after how long they will send it back to you if Volvo does not pick it up? Where can you get the recall of mail form?
I wish I'd just sent it out without the certified option.

One caution on the rebate mailing: I sent in the rebate form certified so I could track it on the usps web site. When I checked their web site it indicates that they attempted delivery but no one was there to sign for it so it is "undelivered". I called the post office in Dearborn, MI and they are very familiar with the Volvo PO box because Volvo only picks up their mail "about once a month" :mad: The post office said I could fill out a recall of mail form and fax it to them requesting they deliver without the certification which is fine with me. I guess my other alternative is to leave it there hoping it will get picked up but I am taking a chance on missing the 60 day submission deadline if it ends up being sent back to me before it is picked up. I do not want to take a $1000 chance on that. :eek: Any thoughts?

hunterxc
09-10-2004, 08:55 AM
bluexc70,

I have seen there be no change on the post office web site for the entire mailing time on some ebay items I have mailed so it is not unusual for that to happen. Eventually mailed items are updated though. The Post Office explained that they attempt 2 deliveries 5 days apart, leave 2 notices and wait 15 days before returning to sender. They did say that Volvo was good about picking up when notified but the problem is that some items are returned before they do their monthly pick up. You can get the recall of mail form from your local post office and fax it to 313-278-4730, the location of the Dearborn Post Office where the Volvo PO box is located. You are requesting that they deliver the letter without obtaining a signature. By the way, the supervisor at that PO was helpful and very familiar with the Volvo PO Box situation. His phone number is 313-337-4788. I am faxing my request today.

bluexc70
09-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Hunterxc,

Thaks for the details.
My wife called the number you specified but this time the guy was not so friendly (maybe it was another person). Told her this was the incorrect number and indeed the Volvo person came only in like every 3 weeks from Canada to pick up the mail. I'm really in doubt now what to do. I mean every 3 weeks may not be too bad and if you're lucky it will still be there. I'm considering sending in another rebate form with a note that it's a duplicate describing the reason but I'm not sure. Sometimes sending it in twice can disqualify you for a rebate.