PDA

View Full Version : Still can't believe I'm driving this car

tastexc
07-26-2004, 02:29 PM
I just bought my 03 xc70 a few weeks ago and absolutley love it. I've wanted one since they came out with the new body style. My wife and I both walk to work so we sold a 99 S70 and traded in a 2000 Grand Cherokee to get this beauty and go to one car. I found this site and think it's wonderful and very informitive. We live in the midwest and I'm looking at buying snow tires. Any recommendations? Are the tires enough or do I need new wheels as well? Also thinking of buying the third seat and having it installed. Is this a good idea. Should most Volvo dealers be able to do this if I've got the seat already. Does third seat affect cargo room in back? Also, thanks for info on side window "defrost" Didn't even think about antenna. Thanks

dcawd
07-27-2004, 08:40 AM
The third seat does not affect the cargo area since it disappears under the floor. It does affect the under-floor storage space--some XCers have a sub woofer there which you can't have with a 3rd seat; similarly no room for the pop up grocery tray. A volvo dealer can certainly install third seat. I've seen posts from members who were interested in having this done, but not sure if anyone did actually have one isstalled after the fact. There is a min-max height advisory on the third seat which should be in the manual, so might be useful to check that to see if that fits the use you have in mind for the third seat.

There has been a ton of discussion on the merit of different snow tires and wheels. The search function should turn up a lot of info on these.

Wodengolfer
07-27-2004, 06:41 PM
I've had two sets of Bridgstone Blizzac WS50's and they are the best. They out performed the Michelin winters. I'de recomend the Tire Rack and get their deals with the tires mounted and balanced on a steel rim with a not so bad looking plastic cover, its for winter after all!