PDA

View Full Version : I am hoping to take delivery of my wifes xc90 tomorrow...

coachhomer
07-26-2004, 01:23 PM
and I have another question. We didn't ask for the xenon lights and I was wondering, can they be installed (meaning can I do it myself) after we take the car? Is it the bulb that is different, or is it the light housing itself? Are there any online volvo shops to buy parts such as these?

I have been to this site... http://volvo.autowebaccessories.com/

and that is a great site, but is there another where I can buy more mechanical items for future modifications?

thanks,

Scott

Mr. P
07-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Hi coach, I wouldn't worry about the headlights. We didn't get them on ours, and i've never had "any" thoughts about the lights, as they work just fine.

I would suspect there is a bigger difference than changing out the bulbs, but you can probably get a "European bulb" from some of the supply houses.

Good luck, I think you made a fantastic choice, and guess what..........this Volvo is a real Volvo, built by Swedes in Sweden, and therefore somewhat of a rare car these days.

The Ghent Belgium plant has produced cars since the mid 60's for Volvo, and good ones too, but hey, it's not in Sweden.

regards, Mr. P

coachhomer
07-29-2004, 05:00 AM
Got the xc90 yesterday afternoon and everything went smooth.

If anyone is buying in the central Florida area, let me know and I will share my experience with you.

She's a beauty and rides great.

A big thank you from me to everyone on this board for their valuable input in all of my questions!

thanks alot,

scott

superfly64
07-29-2004, 06:37 AM
Scott,
Glad to hear that everything went smooth for you on the XC90. I hope you do not encounter any bad experiences like some of us have... Again enjoy your XC90.

val, :)

Mr. P
07-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Got the xc90 yesterday afternoon and everything went smooth.

scott

Congrats Scott!

Keep us posted on your perceptions, it's always fun to hear how others view the vehicle, especially right out of the box.

regards,
Mr. P

weroll
07-30-2004, 02:40 AM
Coachhomer

Xenon requires replacement of expensive headlight units.

You might want to look for Philips BlueVision bulbs. They can be used in the regular units and provide the same whiter light (same color as xenon). They are on the market in Europe.

coachhomer
07-30-2004, 04:11 AM
Thanks Weroll

Scott