PDA

View Full Version : close to 2004 xc 70 lease

hunterxc
07-25-2004, 12:08 AM
Hello, newbie here, discovered this site about a week ago and it has been very helpful. I am in No. CA. and have decided to trade in an Acura MDX for a XC70. The one I selected is black all options but booster, DTSC and package that includes 3d seat. It had 3 miles on it when I test drove it. I have decided to lease b/c it it most painless way to get out of remaining 2 years of existing lease.

several questions about the xc70:

First thanks because I discovered the AARP discount here and at the very end of negotiation I threw it in and they took $500 off drive off. Are there any othe types of discounts that I am missing? I would have never found the AARP discount without the help of this forum.

I was reluctant to lease now because 2005 coming soon and it sounds like major changes but discount is so deep that it is hard to pass up. Is the 2005 to be such a vast improvement that it would be worth the wait and the money?

Any place to find info. about Navi. Anybody have and how do you like it. I use the MDX nav frequently and it is fairly easy to use.

Anybody carry three passengers in back seat for more than 3 hours. It seems a bit tight but this may be because I am coming off of 3 SUVs My kids are both 5' 9" == will they be able to travel comfortably?

Any problems I should deal with before I take delivery? I took it out for a pretty good test drive and did not notice any front end shaking or other rattles, odors or other things mentioned here.

The dealer is Marin Volvo, under new ownership in past 3 months. I ended up there mainly because it is close and they had a good selection. Anyone have any recent experience with them. I did not internet shop because of the trade in.

Any other forum or internet sites I could look at?

Thanks in advance for any tips, advice or whatever.

slowflyer
07-25-2004, 08:37 PM
I don't think I would want to be in the back seat for that long with 2 other adults. We have had 2 adults in the back for a couple of hours and that was acceptable . Legroom may not be up to SUV standards, however.

dcawd
07-26-2004, 10:47 AM
I think the seats are comfortable enough. The main issue for me would be the leg room--depends upon whether you'll have the front seats all the way back. If you do, then three tallish people are not likely to be comfortable for anything more than a short trip.

Re discounts--have you tried the Edmunds.com website?

hunterxc
07-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the input. I went ahead with and got the XC yesterday and do I really like this vehicle. My kids are a bit tight in the back and my daughter was complained because no third seat for her friends but I have no regrets at all. The fit and finish on the XC is far superior overall to the MDX.