PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Mid year changes?

skopiec
07-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Hey all -

My wife and I have decided to pull the trigger on a 2004 XC70. We're picking out the color today, but noticed that some of the identically equipped (even color) models have different MSRP's - apparently due to an April price increase.

Were there any mid year changes (software or other updates) that would justify the extra $300, or should I just go with the earlier build date and pocket the money?

Thanks!

Scott

Tom H
07-22-2004, 01:03 PM
When we recently purchased our S60 I noticed that the dealer showed a different invoice than that of edmunds and carsdirect. The differance was $35,710 vs. his invoice of 36,010. He said they received a mid year price increase from Volvo but didn't mention and changes to the car. Our car was manufactured in April.

Wodengolfer
07-23-2004, 11:08 AM
We took delivery this week on our new XC70 and also noticed the same difference in pricing. I noticed some changes, the center rear seat in the later car is 60/40 not three seperate seats, and the key fob is gigantic in the later car. We got so much off sticker(about 6k) that it diden't matter. We ended up with later model just because it had a smoother ride, I suspect earlier one needed a tire balance. :D

leadingedge
07-27-2004, 03:01 PM
I think the sticker price difference is only in the premium package. I compared two stickers and everything else was the same. Dealer claimed no changes in features, but I don't consider that the last word.