PDA

View Full Version : XC70 Roof Console

Conrad Boginski
07-09-2004, 05:47 PM
With summer here, I have noticed that some of the electronics or switches act up if the vehicle is parked in the sun for extended period (i.e., 4 - 5 hours). After starting the vehicle, the seat belt light flashes, the interior entry lamps in the console and the rear seat go on and off repeatedly and the sun roof is inoperative for about 5 minutes. The interior lights brighten and dim and brighten and dim. Turn the A/C on and run for about 5 minutes to lower the interior temp and things return to normal. Anyone out there had or is having a similiar experience? Mentioned this to the dealer and they have not heard of it.

birddog
07-10-2004, 03:11 AM
Never heard (or read for that matter) of anyone having that happen before. Curious to hear what it could be.

AWD*V70XC
07-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Not heard of that on this shores but then we don't get extremes in weather unless you are talking about rain, then you might have something to go on about. Could be some wire touching or a wire that has chaffed. Has the car had any 'extra' electrical work done on it that might cause some sort of shorting to occur?

Conrad Boginski
07-12-2004, 03:54 PM
The vehicle has not had any electrical work performed on it since new and there are no after market additions. Now all of a sudden, the remote key FOB has ceased to work. Replaced the battery to no avail. Going to have the dealer look at on Thursday. Will advise on what he finds.

barrysharp
07-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Make sure you ask the service dept to check for error codes.

Have you pressed the READ button on the left stalk on the steering column ? Sometimes this will reveal a cryptic message in the computer display window.

My guess is that you have a faulty ECM (Electronic Control Module).