PDA

View Full Version : The MINI'S met on Mt Washington---why cant we?

gtfearons
06-30-2004, 04:42 PM
Lets get together and all meet at the top in August. They had allmost 200 MINI's up there. Who can road trip to NH?
I will post a date on all volvo sites that I know (need some help from everyone to spread the word too) if you think anyone would be interested.
George
Marion, MASS

http://www.mountwashingtonautoroad.com/

littlewaywelt
07-01-2004, 02:32 PM
...because a proper XCer should hike up it.
Meet at the bottom. ;) It's a day hike and a nice one at that. The summer and winter Lion's Head trails are outstanding.
I'll be up there at the end of July for a backpacking trip. - the Presidential Traverse

AWD*V70XC
07-01-2004, 03:17 PM
With 200 mini's making their way up the mountain, I guess there must have been a mini traffic jam somewhere along the path :D

gtfearons
07-01-2004, 08:39 PM
Breakfast meet at Blueberry Muffin (on the main drag in North Conway) in North Conway. 10am

Depart after breakfast to Gorham NH to ascend the auto road to the top of Mt Washington www.mountwashingtonautoroad.com

Lunch on the way back with new friends and Volvo owners.

Dinner and Sunday on our own.

august 14 and 15

littlewaywelt
07-02-2004, 12:27 PM
anyone going on this, be sure to check out Zeb's general store for awesome homemade candy, quality maple syrup in several grades, and excellent teas.
backpackers and climbers should check out International Mountain Equipment (great consignment area downstairs), Eastern Mountain Equipment and Wild Things Gear up the road.
Have fun! It's a great playground/area.

gtfearons
07-13-2004, 04:07 PM
Any attendees here coming to the top?
Looking for participants.
George