PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had Axle-Spline noise trouble?

Christopher
06-26-2004, 07:47 AM
If so, how was it repaired? I'm not too keen on the "metal Glue" method that the dealers says must be tried first. I have read that many folks have had this method fail after a short period of time.

I have told the dealer to hold off on repair until I can get some more info. Any suggestions on getting Volvo to do something more than a glue type repair?

ocean 506
06-27-2004, 01:20 PM
I will agree with the others, my splines were Loc-Tite'd a few months ago, and now they are squeeking again. My delemma is, do I let them fix it again and do without the car for a few days, or just let it squeek until just before the warranty expires at 100K and hope they hang new axles? I have heard of a pin working loose and causing the noise, but my dealer was not aware of this problem. Hopefully your dealer can repair your car properly so you do not encounter this again. Depending on your location, try another dealer for a second opinion. If all else fails, try a friendly letter to Volvo of North America.
Good Luck
Jon

kersti
06-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Hi Jon,
I ran in to you at Volvo OC when I fixed my rear squeak. They corrected the problem with rear drive shaft oscillation dampner. Part 3068447.

Kersti

JMitty
06-29-2004, 09:28 AM
Hi Guys, what is this axle squeak you're experiencing? Can you describe it in detail, when it occurs etc? My 04 XC70 is squeaking and knocking. It squeaks over speed bumps, sort of sounds like the suspension is shot - though the ride is perfectly fine fine (I've only 9,500 kms). The knock is something else entirely. When I reverse into a parking spot, as soon as I start moving there are a couple sharp knocks (not ABS related) in the suspension. Any ideas? Thanks!!!