PDA

View Full Version : No more instant messages?

pico de luuks
06-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Wanted to use that feature, but couldn't find it :confused: Is it gone?

:pico: ;) (hint)

Art
06-14-2004, 09:44 PM
I noticed that earlier on Pico, but just assumed that Taylor was working out some kinks with the messaging software. Clicking on any member's name beside his/her avatar brings down a menu of options, one of them allowing you to send PM's. Unfortunately, when I click on that option, the following message pops up:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Any ideas Taylor? Do I need to alter something in my user account to activate PM'ing?

coastal
06-14-2004, 10:02 PM
nuts, sorry guys. When I went to create the new VolvoXC.com Supporter group (of which you're both members) I missed the setting to allow IM's.. actually the default is set to 0 and I glossed over the detail thinking that meant unlimited as they use this convention in other config items. So it was an honest mistake but instead of rewarding your efforts I punished them, will have to make sure not to make that mistake again LOL..

And thanks for the reminder http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/images/smilies/pico.gif

I have the icon on this server now but can't find a way to add it as a "hidden" icon, will work on that tomorrow as well as add some other more interesting smilies. ;)

Art
06-14-2004, 10:16 PM
Back in business! Thanks once again Taylor! :)