PDA

View Full Version : Ah... that's sweet

AWD*V70XC
06-09-2004, 03:07 PM
I know I have given up on my avatar but really, just to rub the salt in, now I see that certain members have bigger names and volvoxc.com supporter after their name as well, what is going on here? I have looked at all my CP details and I cannot alter my name or member status. Have things changed around around here without me noticing? With three decals I would have thought I should have some 'extras' as well.

Teacher's pets' :confused:

coastal
06-17-2004, 11:04 AM
Ouch, sorry just caught this thread now...

The VolvoXC.com Supporter group is specifically designed for members who've contributed funds which help to ensure the ongoing success of the website. As you can see, since I haven't specifically donated money to the site I'm not a member of this group either.

That said though your participation and contributions are greatly appreciated... how does the title Moderator grab ya? :)

AWD*V70XC
06-17-2004, 11:57 AM
Whatever! like everyone else I am just an individual who likes to share some experience and knowledge with other fellow members. To be honest I am surprised that I am now a senior member. I sometimes reckon I am a curse on some subjects, as a lot of posts that I reply to, end after my comments :eek:

Moderator seems fine, BUT one day my name will be lit up in ORANGE as well, just finding the time flys by with nothing to show. :mad:

John@CdnRockies
06-24-2004, 04:06 PM
Don't take that title AWD. It may lead you to change your writing style to a more modest one. We can't have that as we need someone to whip up the troops and keep us in fine form.

Seriously, always enjoy your repartees and think you're a real asset to the site. And I will NEVER forget that you said I should stop dithering and BUY the Volvo. Fine advice in my opinion.

Cheerio and keep up the enthusiasm.

John

AWD*V70XC
06-25-2004, 03:15 PM
Don't take that title AWD. It may lead you to change your writing style to a more modest one. We can't have that as we need someone to whip up the troops and keep us in fine form.

Seriously, always enjoy your repartees and think you're a real asset to the site. And I will NEVER forget that you said I should stop dithering and BUY the Volvo. Fine advice in my opinion.

Cheerio and keep up the enthusiasm.

John

Thanks John for all your comments. When I am sold on something I like to give everyone my best shot, if I like something... I will shout and I am glad you took me you on my advice about the XC70 :D as for the name... I have just found another 'group' name Exhausted New Parent is there no end to what people are going to have after their names now. I just wanted a avatar beside my name but now I can't even decide what i want so it is going to be a plain old me for the future.

BTW John, I have a really exciting new product on the way, and I know when I show you all the photos of it you are going to be banging on my door for one but there are some final adjustments being done and then you can see it. (if you want a clue, here it is. a goldfish bowl in my XC70, complete with live fish, honest say no more, for the moment)

bigtomhammer
06-26-2004, 11:59 AM
So how do we make donations now with the new forum area? The "make a donation" button is gone.

Tom

AWD*V70XC
06-27-2004, 10:42 AM
So how do we make donations now with the new forum area? The "make a donation" button is gone.

Tom

Get on any other page apart from the forums page and you will find the 'give button' :D

coastal
06-27-2004, 11:26 PM
These aren't new usergroups (though I'd fit well into the name Exhausted New Parent group).

VolvoXC.com Supporters are allowed to change their user titles :)

and you'd better decide on an avatar soon AWD, or I'll make one for ya LOL

j/k :D

NeuDaddi
06-29-2004, 09:48 AM
I didn't mean to mix things up by creating the "Exhausted New Parent" title. I just thought it would be nice to differentiate and that was the first, and most fitting, thing that came to mind.

These days, there is no other way of describing myself that is more accurate.

AWD*V70XC
06-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Hey NeuDaddi hang on in there, I must have missed a thread about the supporters section. I had guessed anyone could change the name but I am beginning to figure this one out. It looks like I will have to find the supporter button and hope for the best.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_15_5v.gif

Then I will have to name myself something, as well as getting a avatar http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_104d.gif