PDA

View Full Version : Xc60

05-27-2004, 06:30 AM
Auf Basis des für 2005 geplanten XC50 Kombis mit Allradantrieb plant Volvo einen kompakten SUV namens XC60. Der kleine Bruder des XC90 soll sportlicher positioniert werden und wird maximal mit Fünfzylindermotoren lieferbar sein. Frühester Verkaufsstart: 2007.

AWD*V70XC
05-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Just in case you wanted to know what it is in english.

On basis for 2005 planned XC50 of the combination with all-wheel drive Volvo plans a compact SUV named XC60. The small brother of the XC90 is to be positioned more sportily and maximally with five-cylinder engines available will be. Earliest sales start: 2007.

Thanks for that 8553, I checked with Volvo today and they have said that there are no vehicles being made at the moment that are any different to what is already available on their websites. As you know the XC70 was only launched this week in LHD so the target market is going to be the US/CA I would think. Production of that car is not due to start for a few more weeks yet as Volvo will be taking their 4 week holiday while they retool the factory so I guess a XC by any other name is some way off yet. :( *disappointing I know but judging the size of the present V50 (which a XC50 would be based upon) I will not be in the market place as it is too small for my large frame.

Keep your eyes and ears open though and post any news you get :D

Just to add a little more fuel to the fire Volvo have patents/trademarks against the following XC10, XC20, XC30, XC40, XC50, XC60, XC70, XC80, XC90 so what will the next one be called.

BTW I found a picture of a XC60, could it being going to do battle with the BMW X3.

AWD*V70XC
05-28-2004, 01:40 PM
What's the man from AutoWeek talking about
It has been some time since we’ve heard anything about Volvo’s plans for a smaller-than-S40 sports car, but in a recent interview, Volvo Cars of North America CEO Vic Doolan promised just that.

“I think we have a very interesting car coming out at the end of next year,” says Doolan, who would only elaborate that the production car in question would be a sporty, front-wheel-drive car, and larger than a two-seater.

Most likely, Doolan is referring to this Mazda 3/Euro Focus/S40-derived model dubbed V30, which will probably arrive as a three-door hatchback powered by a turbo-charged I4 engine. Doolan also hints he would like to see a smaller version of the XC90, a more stylish and sporty five-seater with great performance. Could an XC30 be in our future?

AutoWeek (http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=02323283)

Douwe
11-01-2004, 12:35 PM
AWD*V70XC is talking about a picture of the XC60. Look at www.xcountry.nl section spy for pics of the XC50 and XC60!

Douwe
www.buursma.nl/qvolvo.htm

AWD*V70XC
11-01-2004, 01:03 PM
I was actually referring to a V30 or XC30 that might be produced, :eek: The V30 will come first as a taster, then a C30 and possibly a XC30 depending on demand and market 'greens'.