PDA

View Full Version : Osd yellow sheet

barrysharp
01-30-2003, 10:44 AM
I understand that one cannot make final travel arrangements etc until one receives the "OSD yellow sheet". This is what my sales person has told me. I haven't received this yellow sheet yet!

Mind you, it could be that Jason wants a promise from me not to add more to my OSD list first http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

What exactly does this yellow sheet contain?

Low Tide
01-30-2003, 10:54 AM
Good question.  Did you already book tenative dates with Farah and Diana?  The only "yellow" paper in my package is the checklist.  I do not know what the deal would be.  Diana said that as soon as Volvo approves the travel dates they have on hold, the tickets would be issued.  

Perhaps this "yellow" sheet refers to the okay on paperwork once you have paid the balance?  Anyone?

barrysharp
01-30-2003, 11:21 AM
Hmmmm --- This "yellow sheet" isn't associated with any payment(s) I'm aware of.

I've not called Volvo to make any arrangements yet as my sales person said not to -- but as my topic title shows - I'm anxious.

Again, I've been told I can't setup any arrangements until I get it -- the only items that I believe are firm are my stated pickup date of Mar 28th 2003 and my OSD order spec list -- and of course my $2K deposit.

purush
01-30-2003, 01:07 PM
Barry

Forget about the yellow sheet.  What is needed is the order number.  If your order has been processed by folks at Irvine, CA then you should be able to go ahead.  Farah needs that number to make reservations.  The tickets, I believe, are sent to you once the final payment becomes due.  

Once the order was processed I received a packet containg the order sheet, a "yellow" checklist, a write-up on Sweden called the "Swedish passport" and list of tours that you can book.  There were, perhaps, one or two other inconsequential items in the package.  What was most important was the order sheet detailing the charges and the order number.

Purush

kersti
01-30-2003, 01:43 PM
Ditto for me. Today I asked Jason to send me an updated order sheet since the one in the packet was missing some things that I ordered. And with all the mistakes I wanted a hard copy. Order # is all that Farah needed for the ordering of the flt tickets. By the way the little book on Sweden had me in tears laughing, maybe being Swedish had something to do with it. It was all sooooooooo true.

Kersti

barrysharp
01-30-2003, 01:48 PM
purush/kersti:

Thanks for that input -- I'm onto it now and will immediately start dialog with Farah as I do have my order number. However, I'm in same situation as kersti and have made last minute changes to my car specs that I need in writing. Does one email or telephone Farah to get things rolling?

kersti
01-30-2003, 01:55 PM
I talked to her by phone but she indicated any updates could be emailed to her.

bavioder
01-30-2003, 02:48 PM
I believe you have to wait for the car to be assigned a VIN or placed in the production queue.   The yellow sheet is the same checklist on the OSD website but on yellow paper.   The blue order confirmation sheet is what you are looking for which will have your order number and VIN and delivery date.  Once you have that then you have ten days to finalize your travel arrangements.

barrysharp
01-30-2003, 03:12 PM
Hmmmm, I have no VIN assigned yet, my car is reported to be on the production line, I have the blue order sheet with order # but no VIN on it but does have delivery date of Mar 28th, I have no yellow sheet and the letter that came with all this siad to contact Volvo within 15 days. My salesperson has repeatedly told me to wait for Volvo to contact me. Yesterday he told me I should receive new paper work soon that will contain the yellow sheet and then I should contact Volvo to make travel arrangements. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif

No matter, I'm calling Farah tomorrow and will Email her today and at least give her my order number and ask for advice.

Low Tide
01-30-2003, 03:17 PM
Definately call her.  Farah that is.  Its a lot easier.  If you want info or to book any additional hotel or tours type stuff. Diana is the person to chat with.  She is booking the extension offers for the Winter Promo as well.  Diana will also give you advice and tell you what she knows about the hotels.  Email for the final confirmation is all you need to do for Farah.  And yes, the tickets are mailed once the payment has been made.  I was told to call back if I did not receive them 21 days prior to departure.  When you call, have your plans written out- with one alternative, your Star Alliance/United FF card number, yur meal preferences,  your hotel requirements.  That's about it.  Painless.

kersti
01-30-2003, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I have put in a call to Diana about the Goteborg hotel I selected to stay in the night before I bring the car back, hopefully she can give me some advice. By the way Barry, I also do not have a VIN yet.

Kersti

purush
01-30-2003, 04:14 PM
Kersti

If it is any consolation I still do not have my VIN, even though I take delivery on Feb 25th.  I have been told that it will become available on Feb 7th when they expect to finish building my car.   The advantage is that I have until Feb 7th to pay rest of my bill.

Purush

Low Tide
01-30-2003, 05:31 PM
Purush-  Are you the first of our "OSD group" to be heading out?  Anyone earlier than the 25 Feb following this thread?

barrysharp
01-30-2003, 06:16 PM
What's the best time (PST) to call Farah and Alexandria?  thanks.

Low Tide
01-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Farah and Diana in the morning.  Farah is usually the one who answers the phone.  They are CST and there reliably until about 3:30-4pm PST.    

Alex- email her (free), BUT wait UNTIL you have your tickets and are "almost" ready to go- I'd say about a week ahead of departure.  She is the receptionist/OSD diplomat/west sweden guru at the FDC.  I'd want her on my side, so to me that means DO NOT pester her unless it is absolutely critical.

I have heard that the FDC staff is *very* nice and will do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to accomodate your needs or ANY thing outside of what you expected to find/encounter/etc.  They are pretty busy though....so don't stress them out.

barrysharp
01-30-2003, 07:10 PM
Low_Tide:

Absolutely agree on ALL points -- I'm going to rely on you good folks to pave the way for me in Goteborg before arriving Mar 28th http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Hmmm, didn't realise Farah/Diana were USA based -- Chicago maybe?

I've Email Alex just once maybe a week ago inquiring about Glass factorys being open or not, plus a few other small details, She replied within 24hrs and was very informative and her English writing/grammar was without fault.

One furher question -- my sales person said I have to present my passport for authentication purposes. Have you or others had this request?

Thanks everyone for keeping the comm channels open on the OSD issues -- it's sure making the procedure sail smoothly for me and my questions answered promptly -- you're a GREAT community.

Low Tide
01-30-2003, 07:17 PM
Yes Barry?  They took my fingerprints and a DNA sample too.  http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif   Really now.... yes, passport required for the one who is legally the driver while in Sweden and who is going to sign over the car on teh return day to the customs guys.  

Did you have the export documents and power of attorney notorized?  When you did that part, the main id info was your passport number.  They want the passport for that as well as a copy of it to put in your FDC file.  A copy of the DL as well.  Take both of them to the factory with you.  

Sorry to sound like I know what I am doing, but I just got in touch with a collegue who is a UN diplomat at went through the process.  I am sure there are a lot of OSD vets out there who are laughing at us talking so much about this....  at least were learning on our own right?  Sort of feel like a freshman on the first day at university...

purush
01-30-2003, 09:15 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Low Tide @ Jan. 30 2003,19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Purush- Are you the first of our &quot;OSD group&quot; to be heading out? Anyone earlier than the 25 Feb following this thread?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Low Tide
Looks like I would be the first among folks following the OSD thread here to visit Gothenburg. &nbsp;However, there are several who are part of this community that have used OSD -- they have responded to my questions in the past.

Barry -- Farah works in Chicago and is part of Citicorp Travel Agency. &nbsp; I don&#39;t know if it is kosher to post her e-mail address here; your dealer should be able to give her e-mail address to you.

Purush

bavioder
01-31-2003, 08:39 AM
The use the passport to verify that you are the individual picking up the car. Also when you drop the car off, the photocopy it for home shipment documents. They have new regulations for shipping cars back and need the passport for US customs.

Also, at the SAS Radisson Scandinavian, parking is 250 SEK. Pretty steep and the Volvo Corporate Rate is 1350 SEK. The hotel is in the middle of the city but there really isn&#39;t much to see in Gothenburg and the hotel is nothing to write home about.

kersti
01-31-2003, 10:13 AM
I will be the owner of the XC70, but I am bringing with me a friend and I expect him to do most of the driving especially on the narrow roads of Norway. Does anyone know what needs to be done to add a second driver to insurance etc?

Kersti

barrysharp
02-03-2003, 11:36 AM
kersti wrote:</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I will be the owner of the XC70, but I am bringing with me a friend and I expect him to do most of the driving especially on the narrow roads of Norway. Does anyone know what needs to be done to add a second driver to insurance etc? [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Kersti: I Emailed Alexandra at the Factory Delivery Center about insurance for a second driver as my son will be with me and I wanted to insure he was covered also by the Volvo car insurance policy, and she replied that so long as I was in the car anyone else is allowed to drive and will be covered.

Hope this helps.

kersti
02-03-2003, 11:49 AM
Thank you Barry, that is reassuring, I was not sure who to ask.
Were they able to give you any prices on FDC installations and can they do it before you pickup the car or do you need to wait for installations to be done? Since I am flying in and picking up on a Friday, that will be the only day I have.

Kersti

barrysharp
02-03-2003, 12:02 PM
They gave me no prices and they didn&#39;t say how long installation would take. They simply said they have stock of all accessories, can deal with installation as required and that delivery staff would be very helpful concerning these things.

What we both need is for someone who has gone through this process in the past to chip in and say what their experience was.

bavioder
02-03-2003, 01:04 PM
Basically it takes about an hour or so to install all of the accessories. &nbsp;Depending on the volume of deliveries it can probably done sooner. &nbsp;We had the waste basket and coin holder installed and it was ready after lunch. &nbsp;The only problem we encounter was they didn&#39;t have the rubber mats in Oak which when we returned the car a week later they tossed them in then. &nbsp;The prices are all in SEK and the rubber mats were 750 SEK for the front, rear and way back.

Low Tide
02-03-2003, 01:37 PM
Based on the rubber mat prices, that sounds pretty good. &nbsp;

Front, Rear, and Cargo rubber mat for about &#036;85-88... &nbsp;I hope a lot of the other accessories are that price. &nbsp;

Good to hear of your experience.

rkestner
02-04-2003, 06:06 AM
greetings all&#33; &nbsp;boy, i sure do envy you folks&#33; &nbsp;my wife and i picked up our xc last september at the fdc and our story, with pictures is on www.virtualtourist.com, member homepage= RichardBlaine. &nbsp;i cannot say enough positive things about the folks at the fdc, they are simply outstanding. &nbsp;a couple of small points from our experiences: &nbsp;i do not remember any &quot;yellow&quot; sheet, perhaps it is for diplomats, not tourists??? &nbsp;the passport usage was just to confirm our identity and tourist status as i understand it. &nbsp;we did not have anything notarized. &nbsp;accessories, aftermarkets, factory options, etc. &nbsp;you can rest assured that hans at fdc will have everything done for you in a timely and reasonable manner. &nbsp;don&#39;t forget to visit the &quot;butik&quot;, boutique? in volvo city for stickers, key chains, cd changer wiring kits, floor mats, cupholders, wind deflectors, baseball caps, t-shirts, etc., etc. &nbsp;i am a radisson rewards member, but used the volvo corporate rates at the radisson hotels as they are the best rates available. &nbsp;the parking fee is excessive, but was probably worth it for one night. &nbsp;we thought gothenborg was a great town and regretted not having spent more time there. &nbsp;we especially enjoyed &#39;everyday&#39; activities-going to the movies, shopping, eating at macdonalds, looking for an extension cord, going to a cyber cafe and gaming with teenagers, etc. &nbsp;we made a special visit to the zoo to see the moose. &nbsp;next time we go, we will spend at least one night in the hotel on the ship &nbsp;in the harbor right downtown. &nbsp;parking should not be costly. &nbsp;cannot remember the name of the hotel, but it is near the &#39;lipstick&#39; building, right on the waterfront. &nbsp; if i can be of any help to anyone, please feel free to email me.

rkestner
02-04-2003, 06:21 AM
oops&#33; &nbsp;forgot one of the most important lessons learned. &nbsp;we live in a rural part of new mexico and have a box # for an address vice a physical address. &nbsp;this delayed clearing customs in the us when the car arrived in brunswick, ga. &nbsp;i guess the excitment of the new xc, the travel in europe, etc. overshadowed this important lesson learned. &nbsp;couple of other points - we used the cellphone offer in the packet but will comparative shop next time, we will allow at least 2 days next time at the fdc and factory, mondays and fridays are the busiest days at fdc-we were originally scheduled for a monday delivery, but moved it to tuesday which turned out to be a very, very good thing, the smorgasbord at the sas lounge in chicago was great use of the complimentary lounge visit tickets for us. &nbsp; &nbsp; lots of other pointers/lessons learned, most covered at www.virtualtourist.com. &nbsp; &nbsp;it is my understanding from the factory tour and asking tons of questions that your vin is determined when they get the order for your car to be built. &nbsp;a platform, with an electronic record is designated for your car and this is when the vin is genenrated. &nbsp;the platform is the &#39;vehicle&#39; that moves through the manufacturing process, including the human and robotic construction stations. &nbsp;the electronic record, with vin, is read at each station, determining what tire, seats, etc. to install on YOUR car. &nbsp;hope this is helpful.

MGC
02-04-2003, 07:58 AM
Thank you for the great info

hordtheviking
02-19-2003, 07:10 PM
Hi, I read this thread and was wondering if in the end Barry was able to book flights prior to getting his paperwork? &nbsp;I&#39;m in a similar situation as I still don&#39;t have my paperwork and thus haven&#39;t been able to book tickets and it&#39;s getting late in February so I&#39;d very much like to be doing that. &nbsp;I think I&#39;ll call the dealer tomorrow to see if he can at least get me an order # so that I can call and book. &nbsp;Any thoughts from anyone?

Low Tide
02-19-2003, 07:29 PM
Call the dealer. &nbsp;With the order number you can book tickets. &nbsp;Without it, no dice. &nbsp;If you take the extension trip, they can take the info over the phone rather than via the form in the packet. &nbsp;CorpTravel is busy too.

barrysharp
02-19-2003, 07:43 PM
hordtheviking:

As Low Tide has said -- if you have the OSD number then the way is clear and you can make travel arrangements. That&#39;s what I did in the end. My dealer sale person had it all wrong about me having to wait for Volvo to contact me. It was in fact the other way round and thanks to this forum I didn&#39;t lose too much time over the sales person&#39;s oversight http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

I&#39;m embarrassed to say I did have the &quot;yellow sheet&quot; all along but didn&#39;t realise it, and because my sales person said to wait for Volvo to contact me thought that was when I&#39;d get the &quot;yellow sheet&quot; in my hands. A comedy of errors I suppose and has all worked out just fine for me -- but then I had time on my hands so to speak compared to some other OSDers.

Good luck and the process is really quite simple.

Place OSD order + &#036;2000 deposit + specify delivery date choice
Obtain OSD order number
Call VolvoCorp travel (make sure Passport covers you for travel duration as well as your Driver&#39;s License)
Pay balance at least 30 days prior to pickup at FDC
Call/Email FDC 4 days before arrival at FDC to arrange things
Travel via SAS to Goteborg
Pickup car at FDC
Tool around if you want
Return car to FDC
Return home
Pickup car from local dealer so 6-8 weeks later + Auto Ins.
Register car + Sale tax
Obtain car&#39;s title (if paying cash)
ENJOY IT

peter24a
02-19-2003, 11:42 PM
Barry:

With all the worrying you have been doing I can&#39;t believe that you have not asked until now about booking your trip. &nbsp;First of all I am a little concerned that your salesperson does not know the process very well. &nbsp;As has been said before, the yellow sheet is simply a check list. &nbsp;However, it does say that the DEALER will need a photocopy of your passport and drivers license. &nbsp;You probably should have received the YELLOW checklist (as I did) together with your BLUE order confirmation. &nbsp;Also in the same packet (sent by Jason by Airborne Express) was a letter on WHITE paper advising me to contact the travel department within 15 days of receipt (although they later told me that this is not in stone) to make my flight arrangements. &nbsp; All you need to make your arrangements is the order number that appears on the blue order confirmation sheet. &nbsp;I am no expert on this process but it would appear that neither is your salesperson. &nbsp;

Peter

peter24a
02-19-2003, 11:46 PM
Barry:

Oops&#33; Didn&#39;t see your final response on page 2 of the replies until I posted mine. &nbsp;Obviously you have since explained the process to your salesperson.

Peter

hordtheviking
02-20-2003, 10:51 AM
OK, I&#39;ve got the order # thanks to a phone call to my dealer and then on his part out to CA. Now I need the phone # to the travel agency. I realize we probably shouldn&#39;t post it here, but could someone email to me perhaps? I&#39;d really appreciate it so that I can get going on the planning phase of this adventure&#33;

Thanks

Low Tide
02-20-2003, 11:29 AM
Number is in your email. &nbsp; http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thumbs-up.gif