PDA

View Full Version : Osd dealer service

realq
11-26-2002, 09:28 AM
I am very interested in the OSD program for a XC70, but I have some questions. What is the incentive for the dealer  if I do OSD? Can I bring my car to any dealer for service? Will I be treated the same (e.g., free loaner car, etc)?

Thanks for help.

stevel0923
11-26-2002, 09:48 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (realq @ Nov. 26 2002,08:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am very interested in the OSD program for a XC70, but I have some questions. What is the incentive for the dealer if I do OSD? Can I bring my car to any dealer for service? Will I be treated the same (e.g., free loaner car, etc)?

Thanks for help.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Through OSD you are buying the car direct from Volvo in Sweden and not through Volvo Car North America which is where you will be saving 8%. The cars are made for US import so you will not have any problems taking them in for service.

As far as loaner car and other stuff goes, that depends on the dealer. &nbsp;The dealer does get a kickback for administrative fees plus they can include the purchase as a part of their quota. &nbsp;However, make sure you only talk to OSD representative at the dealer. &nbsp;Avoid Joe sales person who has never done this before. &nbsp;There&#39;s a lot of details to making an OSD purchase above and beyond a normal sales.

With OSD, the warranty begins when your car is taken off the lot. So if you decide to pick up your car in Sweden and drive around Europe, they will provide extended coverage while you are there. I just bought my car through this program and its a great deal&#33;

Gundo
11-26-2002, 09:50 AM
If you go to a reputable dealer, there should be no problem with service. &nbsp;Dealers make way more on service than they ever do on selling cars.

Pretty sure they can see where the vehicle was sold, but I bet they don&#39;t have time. &nbsp;My dealer&#39;s service operation is so busy, they don&#39;t have time to care.

That said, if you have something that is a problem and is a borderline warranty issue, knowing the sales manager may give you a leg up.

Obviously, this is pretty situation dependent.

rkestner
12-02-2002, 06:01 AM
i have documented our recent (sep 02) experiences, complete with pictures at www.virtualtourist.com, homepage= RichardBlaine. &nbsp;couple of minor problems-didn&#39;t use a physical address on shipping/customs documents and this delayed delivery by 3 weeks or so; &nbsp;took too much stuff, too many bags; &nbsp;didn&#39;t stay long enough (1 month); &nbsp;should have spent more time in torslanda, &quot;volvo city&quot;; &nbsp;etc.