PDA

View Full Version : Pickup of osd order at dealer

gribupirkt
04-19-2003, 06:48 PM
I'm picking up my 2003 XC70 OSD order at my dealership this week, and was wondering about the process. Other than looking over the car with the dealer to inspect any transit damage, is anything else done? I think that something was mentioned at the FDC about swapping the Warranty booklet from European warranty to the US variety. If anyone has recently picked up an OSD order in the States and can comment, I'd be greatly appreciative. My dealership doesn't seem to know much about the OSD process, and I want to make sure I don't miss out on anything.

barrysharp
04-19-2003, 07:40 PM
Hi  http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Here's what I plan on doing

1. Present your personal ID (probably not necessary) and show sales person the BILL OF SALE
2. Check car and mark up the Condition Report as necessary. If any transit damage establish how the dealership will deal with making repairs
3. Make sure all items that shipped with your car from FDC are correct and present
4. If US Warranty and On Call wasn't transfered/registered at FDC then do so by mailing in your Customer Registration Coupon
5. Test drive your car, check all car's features and report any issues to dealership
6. If all AOK thank your sales person
7. Drive car home
8. Register car and pay the state's Use tax within the allotted time to avoid penalties. Most state's provide a 30-day grace period for this. Call your state's DMV for help if necessary.

I also believe the car's US Custom's Import Value report/doc should be presented to you. My DMV requires this along with BILL OF SALE to determine the Use Tax.

For others who have already gone thru this process I would appreciate any additions to and/or corrections to the above.

ENJOY YOUR CAR http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

mrb
04-19-2003, 07:56 PM
Excellent list--I also believe that after reading Volvo online OSD section that it is imperative to get a "rust" evaluation or something of that nature to validate your warrenty

barrysharp
04-19-2003, 09:30 PM
I forgot to mention for those that have the Volvo Nav System (VNS) installed. Be sure to remind the sales person or dealership to order the NavTech DVD disc one or two days ahead of your pickup date. NavTech will overnight its shipment. Also have dealership or yourself register with NavTech so that you get informed about any new VNS features, new software releases and/or DVD map data updates. Personally, I would suggest you register with NavTech yourself as I'm sure the registration will require some personal info and an Email address etc.