PDA

View Full Version : Osd pickup

realq
12-16-2002, 10:49 AM
I talked to a dealer about getting a xc70 through OSD program. I saw a post sometime ago that said volvo can directly ship the car, and we don't have to go to the factory to pick it up. But my dealer insisted that we need to make a trip to pick up the car. Is he correct?

Thanks for help.

barrysharp
12-16-2002, 11:15 AM
Volvo did have a program as you described but it ended quietly during first week of Dec. This program offered a definitive list of cars with restricted stock options and colours to pick from plus gave you a FREE Premium package. It also provided you with two free SAS tickets round trip to Goteborg (to be used by 12/31/2002) that were completely transferable and you were under no obligation to actually take the trip.

I got caught by this Volvo's program recision decision and it's FREE Premium package offering -- well almost. I complained and the FREE Premium package was reinstated for me as a loyal Volvo customer etc but I do now have to travel to Goteborg to pickup car. However, I can now choose the exact XC70 I want rather than having to pick one from a list of already built ones.

My only restriction at this time is that I must pickup the car by 3/30/2003 or else I lose the FREE Premium package offering.

Regards... Barry Sharp

realq
12-16-2002, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the information. I called Volvo, they did not mention the program that was quietly dropped:-( I was told that the free premium package offering is a dealer incentive and is still effective. A good deal if travel is no objective.

stevel0923
12-16-2002, 01:46 PM
I bought my car through OSD in November where we got direct shipment.  They gave us free premium but we had to order car for immediate delivery by the end of the year.  In return we got two free round trip tickets to go anywhere in Europe.

Now, they have changed the program and now you have to pick up your car in Sweden.  I would have much preferred that since driving your new Volvo in Europe is half the fun.   its still a great program if you don't mind flying to Sweden to see your car and visit the factory for a tour.

rkestner
12-16-2002, 04:02 PM
i am sold on the osd program, and am already planning my next trip to the factory.  what a great experience!  you can read about our experience @ www.virtualtourist.com  homepage=RichardBlaine.  also, pictures under rkestner are from the osd trip and one month tour of europe.

stevel0923
12-16-2002, 04:50 PM
Here's an interesting experience I am having with the OSD purchase.  The dealer wants me to pay for the car prior to direct shipment which makes sense.  However, I don't have to pay for local sales tax or registration until the car arrives.  I've always thought that you pay EVERYTHING up front so that it be easier to fianance the complete purchase in one fall swoop.  Not that means that I would have made 3 separate payments for the car if you include the initial $2000 payment to place the order.  Interesting?