PDA

View Full Version : Overseas delivery program 2003

gribupirkt
01-13-2003, 02:02 PM
Previous posts suggested that retail dealers were offering the premium package for free on new XC70 orders through OSD.  I called the OSD toll-free # last week and was told that as far as they knew, this retail dealer incentive was still ongoing at select dealerships.  Anyone have any luck finding such a dealer?

Also, does the offer for 2 free tics to Europe expire on April 15, 2003, or is that just the cutoff date for the winter package offer (i.e. trip to Nice for $295 extra)?

stevel0923
01-13-2003, 02:10 PM
What part of the country do you live in? I am confident that you can find a dealer that will provide this premium package if you live near a big city. I got mine in Southern California.

The $295 travel package requires travel that completes by April 15. So you must book your trip NOW in order to travel within the next three months.

gribupirkt
01-13-2003, 02:36 PM
I'm in the New York Metro Area.  But I haven't had any luck tracking this offer down, but I've just started.  Any members in the NYC area had any luck?

stevel0923
01-13-2003, 03:42 PM
OSD office is in New Jersey. They can tell you where the majority of the OSD purchases are coming from in your area for any particular dealer. I am confident you'll find a dealer in NY real fast! [email protected] or 800-631-1667 Option 2

Big
01-13-2003, 04:29 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gribupirkt @ Jan. 13 2003,13:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Previous posts suggested that retail dealers were offering the premium package for free on new XC70 orders through OSD. I called the OSD toll-free # last week and was told that as far as they knew, this retail dealer incentive was still ongoing at select dealerships.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Is the &#036;2595 Premium Package in addition to the &#036;3070 off MSRP shown on the OSD webpage? That, combined with the airfare, would be quite a compelling incentive.

gribupirkt
01-13-2003, 05:01 PM
Yes, in addition to the OSD discount listed on the official site. &nbsp;At least that is what was mentioned elsewhere on these forums. &nbsp;

If anyone has gotten this deal ordering from an East Coast dealership (preferably in the NYC area), please pipe in.

kersti
01-13-2003, 06:03 PM
They had told us ordering OSD recently that the free premium pkg necessitated pickup before end of March. But they do change the rules often so keep checking.

purush
01-13-2003, 07:43 PM
I don&#39;t know about the free premium package offer, but the free round-trip ticket offer has been extended to June 30th. &nbsp;Not only that, the side trips (such as to Nice) which used to cost USD295 have now become free (see the Volvocars website).

stevel0923
01-13-2003, 08:07 PM
I ordered my car in November and it&#39;s coming to California by the end of this month. The total cost of the car with free premium package and touring package (&#036;800) comes out to &#036;31,600. Sticker price for the same car from the dealer comes to &#036;38,600. Thats a &#036;7000 savings plus local sales tax.

The travel part at minimum consists of two round trip tickets from any major US city to any major European city. You may be required to travel to pick your car, you may not depending on the current promotions. Other travel packages vary from month to month.

The OSD office has most current information not the dealers. Half the time I spend educating the salesperson at the dealership about the program and other features about the car. &nbsp;BTW, ask for the OSD rep at the dealership and NOT your average salesperson. &nbsp;He knows nothing about the latest details with the program.

Another cost savings are the options and accessories. Some things are cheaper through OSD, others from the parts department at the dealer. Your OSD representative will provide all this information prior to signing the contract for your order. I also heard that you may save some money buying accessories in Gotenberg, Sweden when you pick up your car.

I hope all that helps&#33;

gribupirkt
01-21-2003, 09:00 PM
I was lucky to find a dealer that did a little legwork, looked into the OSD program, and was able to get me the free premium package deal. Looks like I was pretty lucky, because the offer necessitated picking up the car in Sweden before the end of March. My order in January will just make it towards the very end of March.

All in all, a great deal. I&#39;m paying &#036;33,860 for a fully loaded car with a sticker price of &#036;40,000. That, plus the &#036;295 optional trip to Nice and Gottenburg, makes this first-time soon-to-be-Volvo owner very pleased.

Thanks to this forum for bringing the free premium deal to my attention. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Low Tide
01-23-2003, 11:35 AM
The Permium PKG freebie is slated to end 3/31 according to Jason. &nbsp;The 04&#39;s are going up a tad bit in price as well. &nbsp;Factory is starting production on the 04&#39;s the first week of April (as of Yesterday) but are holding them in the lot queue until the 03&#39;s are sold down significntly. &nbsp;The slated trim changes are indeed minor. &nbsp;Very minor. &nbsp;No mech changes. &nbsp;If you really must have one, the 04&#39;s are avail for order (no free pkgs). &nbsp;There are 03&#39;s as well, and if there built, you can get the free Premium pkg from those on the &quot;LIST&quot;- delivery must be before the 04&#39;s ramp up though, so ordering a personalized one is not going to happen. &nbsp;Est end of Summer before the 04&#39;s are in north america- regionally some dealers are still waiting for the full 03 allocation.... &nbsp;FYI &nbsp;my OSD is scheduled for 03/17/03 and was build completed at the end of last week. &nbsp;They are a little ahead of schedule- which is (for Sweden) not a surprise.

stain
04-01-2003, 04:32 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (stevel0923 @ Jan. 13 2003,19:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I ordered my car in November and it&#39;s coming to California by the end of this month. The total cost of the car with free premium package and touring package (&#036;800) comes out to &#036;31,600. Sticker price for the same car from the dealer comes to &#036;38,600. Thats a &#036;7000 savings plus local sales tax.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I am totally confused here about the last sentence:
&quot;Thats a &#036;7000 savings plus local sales tax.&quot;

Does the &quot;PLUS&quot; mean NO LOCAL SALES TAX when OSD is chosen? &nbsp;http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif &nbsp;http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif &nbsp;http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif

AutoMonkey
04-01-2003, 05:31 PM
No, I&#39;m afraid you can&#39;t escape the tax man... http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif

I believe that this refers to the fact that your sales tax is calculated based on the purchase price of the vehicle. So, if your purchase price is, say, &#036;5000 lower when you purchase via OSD, and local sales tax is 8%, then you save on the tax that you would have paid on that &#036;5000 difference - i.e. 5000*8/100 = &#036;400. In some states with high sales tax, the savings can be substantial... http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

AutoMonkey