PDA

View Full Version : Osd factory pickup disputes

barrysharp
01-30-2003, 11:35 AM
I feel that I've asked this question earlier but simply can't locate it.

However, I'd like to understand what previous OSD folks have done wrt resolving issues at the factory if say the car isn't as per the order sheet.

Let's say my order sheet says "rear 12v outlet -- $25" and I find it's not installed -- what should I do and what can I do?

I'm sure this situation has arisen before and I'm hoping some one can let me know how one should proceed.

My salesperson says "not to worry -- the factory will make it right". Sounds good, but what really happens in parctice?

I don't expect there to be a problem but I'd rather be prepared than not.

bavioder
01-30-2003, 02:43 PM
They can fix or add anything at the FDC.  There is a full garage attached where they prep and install accessories.  I can't imagine a better place to be if you do have a problem.  If you ordered it and its not there they will make it right.  Plus they go through the entire car with you in the delivery room.  While I was there they were nothing but helpful and graceous with all of our requests.  While I was there a guy from Munich had a problem with the payment being received by Volvo and they worked it all at in about 90 minutes and he was driving his car to the Ferry in the evening for the trip home.

barrysharp
01-30-2003, 03:16 PM
bavioder:

Your info is very welcomed news -- THANKS.

rkestner
02-11-2003, 08:31 AM
bavioder,

could not have said it better!  additionally, there is the volvo city 'butik' just down the road from the fdc if you want to pick up some parts/accessories to install yourself.  AND in gothenborg there are lots of places for aftermarket stuff, including the brush guard found elsewhere in the forums, special tuning, body parts, clothing, etc.