PDA

View Full Version : $2000 new incentive for xc70

WilliamZh
08-19-2003, 07:51 PM
I just ordered my XC70 through OSD Last week with $2000 deposit and waiting for comfirmation letter. Today, another local dealer called me that Volvo just annouceed a $2000 manufacture rebate for 2004 XC70 and urges me to buy from them as they have almost same price as OSD for immediate delivery.

My Question:

Can I ask volvo OSD for such a manufacture rebate just released this week for my order signed last week?

Or can I cancel this order if they do not give us such a rebate?

Thanks.

William, Virginia

barrysharp
08-19-2003, 09:03 PM
William:

If the dealership saying they can apply a $2000 discount to an exact XC70 you've ordered:_

1) have it immediately available, it's cost is comparable to your OSD purchase
2) you want it now rather than having to wait 3 months
4) you have no desire to see the Volvo factory
5) you give little weight to having your XC70 delivered to you in a very professional manner at the Factory Delivery Center (FDC)
6) you don't care to take advantage of the good accessory prices at FDC
and
7) you have no great travel plans for you and another in Sweden/Europe with free round trip airfare

then

Ask this dealership to discuss/broker with your OSD sales person to figure out how to have your $2000 deposit returned or applied to your non-OSD purchase if you aren't able to do so yourself without too much trouble. Make this other dealership earn your business by doing some of the leg-work for you.

I would certainly make sure this other dealership does have the car you want first. Go see it and get in writing it's exact cost.

Normally, the OSD $2000 deposit is non-refundable. It was for me. However, since you don't have final paper work giving you an order number you might have some slack. Mind you, your paper work could be in the mail.

Post back how you get along.

You will be missing out on a once-in-a-lifetime experience by passing up the OSD. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

kayaking
08-20-2003, 08:35 AM
I agree with Barry.....negotiate the best deal, but it's not only about price......but about going to Sweden. It's is a very special place and buying it this way is not like your average car purchase...it is a total "experience" and well worth the time it takes to wait for the car afterwards....and when was the last time you toured an automobile factory?

mrb
08-20-2003, 07:45 PM
BEST VACATION I'VE EVER HAD-AND A CAR TO BOOT http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif MERV

GeorgeXC70
08-24-2003, 09:00 AM
I think the trip to Europe should be factored in to your decision.  Its an amazng expereince.  I sent my photos to my brother and he wants to do it, ... same for some of my freinds!

Plus if you live incertain parts of the US when the car comes back you only pay sales tax on the deprciayed value of the car (the odo. reading by the time you get back to the states)

-George