PDA

View Full Version : Volvo cars sales up 26 per cent in march

coastal
04-09-2003, 03:15 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Volvo Cars sales up 26 per cent in March

...strong showing by XC90 leads the way for increase in the United States.

IRVINE, CA (April 1, 2003) - For the fifth consecutive month, Volvo Cars of North America, LLC (VCNA) reports a sales increase in the US despite soft industry sales overall. For March the sales increase is 25.8 percent over the previous year with a near-record total of 12,245 units sold.

&nbsp; &nbsp; Overall, Volvo&#39;s NAFTA nations recorded 13,553 unit sales for the month, representing an increase of 25.6 percent.

&nbsp; &nbsp; Says Vic Doolan, President and CEO of Volvo Cars of North America: &quot;Our award winning new SUV - the Volvo XC90 - has helped to deliver this superb March result, rounding up a significant first quarter for us in the North American market.&quot;

&nbsp; &nbsp; Volvo&#39;s first SUV continues to be in great demand, with pre-orders extending through the summer.

&nbsp; &nbsp; &quot;In addition to XC90 sales, the S40, V40 and V70 have all contributed to our March result,&quot; said Doolan. &quot;We are also in the enviable position that our demand for all-wheel-drive versions of the S60 and XC70 ranges, exceeds supply.&quot;

&nbsp; &nbsp; Elsewhere in North America, total sales in Canada were 1,125 - a 31.4 percent increase for March.

&nbsp; &nbsp; Looking ahead, Doolan noted, &quot;Strong wholesales during the month indicate that our dealers too are confident that our product range is in demand. We aim to continue this growth throughout the remainder of 2003.&quot;
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

slender
04-13-2003, 03:26 AM
Volvo UK are offering £1500 (&#036;2355) off every new V70 here in the UK. That`s over and above what discount you may be able to negotiate with the dealer. That £1500 can be used towards optional extras or as a straight reduction off the purchase price. Whether this price reduction is to stimulate interest or maintain interest in the range, I do not know.

barrysharp
04-13-2003, 08:21 AM
slender:

That discount sounds very similar to the USA&#39;s recent Free Premium Package (worth &#036;2,595) offered from around Nov&#39;02 thru Jan&#39;03 in conjunction with the OSD purchase.

I guess, if you&#39;re in the UK market for a new auto and the Volvo is appealing this would be a good time to buy.

Is the discount ONLY on V70 models?

slender
04-13-2003, 08:32 AM
Good morning, Barry (late afternoon over here, mind you)

No, the discount is available across the range but it is slightly less on 40 and 60 models. I`m not sure what the deal is on the 80 models.

I`ve had a fair bit of promotional literature from my local dealer on new and used Volvos just recently. I kinda think they`re not flying off the forecourt right now.