PDA

View Full Version : Viewing thread responses

gary
05-20-2003, 01:17 PM
Coastal,

Is it possible to program in a sort option for viewing the responses within a Topic? Currently the display is oldest to most recent and I always have to scroll to the end of the thread to see the most recent inputs. It would be nice to have a sort option of most recent to oldest - this would allow you to view the most recent responses without having to scroll. I went to the Control Panel/Account Options area but didn't note anything like that there. I know I'm being nitpicky and lazy, but just curious if it's possible. If the answer is no, then I'll manage along just fine with the current setup.

Thanks, Gary

coastal
05-23-2003, 09:52 AM
Hi Gary. There is an option to read from newest to oldest but that would serve only those who read very frequently. The rest of the users would end up having to scroll up to read the thread.

I know of a couple sites that tried it for a while but have since reverted to the same way we have it here, oldest to newest.

When I move to the new software, there may be a way to allow different view modes, we'll have to wait and see once I've finished the customization and database conversion.

gary
05-23-2003, 11:12 AM
Coastal,

Thanks for the feedback.  Again, my inquiry was basically due to laziness on my part.  I can live with the current setup although I'd certainly be interested in having that as a future option.  You're doing a bang-up job with the site.

later...