PDA

View Full Version : Trip odo resetting itself

Tonyrec
11-17-2003, 11:23 AM
We have had our Uk spec XC90 for 2 weeks now and today the Trip Odo reset itself of its own accord.I think that this was when we changed drivers and my partner used her key.

Is this a problem/glitch or is this just on ours.

Big
11-17-2003, 12:36 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tonyrec @ Nov. 17 2003,10:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We have had our Uk spec XC90 for 2 weeks now and today the Trip Odo reset itself of its own accord. I think that this was when we changed drivers and my partner used her key.

Is this a problem/glitch or is this just on ours.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I have seen random trip odometer resets mentioned a couple of times so it is not just you. Hasn&#39;t happened to me yet. Could be difficult for the technician to diagnose. Bad switch? Software glitch? Gremlins? Keep a list of things to bring up at the first service. With any luck they will all be minor.

edg
11-17-2003, 02:35 PM
I&#39;ve had a 2004 V70XC since August and my odometer has reset itself 6 - 7 times. At first I thought it was random and then it seemed to be resetting at 999K (600+ miles) rather than 999 miles. However, if UK drivers are having the same problem it probably is random. Brought the car to dealer who said he &quot;could not reproduce the problem&quot; -- of course he couldn&#39;t.

This problem seems to be a common one and appartently there is no software fix yet.

Ed

Tonyrec
11-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Mine reset itself at about 200miles and i &#39;think&#39; that it might have been caused by us using 2 keys in quick succession.
I will investigate further and report back with my findings.

IAFM
02-21-2004, 07:51 AM
Good luck diagnosing this problem. &nbsp;I have had this problem since delivery in October. &nbsp;I have been in constant contact with the dealer on this issue as well as contacting Volvo Corporate.
&quot;The engineers in Sweden are working on this problem right now and when they develop a fix for this issue, we will contact you.&quot;
That was in January.
I am extremely unhappy with Volvo and Yazaki (I believe the supplier of that instrument cluster) in their ability to resolve this issue. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/crazy.gif

Rick_Auricchio
02-22-2004, 03:29 PM
It&#39;s a software bug; the reset happens at 1000km (about 621 miles). I believe it actually resets on the next engine start.

Volvo is working on a fix; I&#39;ve heard it promised for the spring.

IAFM
02-23-2004, 05:34 AM
I agree that it happens on key-on.
Now, my trip has never gotten higher than 310 miles before resetting, but I have been resetting myself at every fill-up. &nbsp;So, I guess you mean that every 1000km on the odo, the trip resets regardless of the value on the trip?

Where did you get information on timing for a fix? &nbsp;Volvo corporate customer service has no idea on timing.

Rick_Auricchio
02-24-2004, 02:14 PM
The 1000km thing was an educated guess on my part as a software engineer. Turns out I was right, based on what someone else heard back from a Volvo person.

My assumption is that the trip odo counts in km and simply converts for the display. Due to a software bug, something goes funny and it resets.

I think I got the spring estimate from someone on the swedespeed.com XC90 forum.