PDA

View Full Version : Which model?

SA1
02-09-2003, 08:20 AM
I absolutely love the XC90 and will be placing my order soon. I have driven both the T6 AWD and the smaller engine AWD. I am not sure which one to get. I like the gas mileage on the smaller engine, but will I miss the power? Also, are any dealers discounting this car or should I expect to pay MSRP.

Thanks,
SA

pandasmom
02-12-2003, 03:02 PM
I  think the choice of engine size comes down to personal preference and cost.  I bought the smaller engine which is plenty powerful for me.  My only regret was not being able to get a wood stearing wheel!  You can absolutely count on paying the asking price!  Well worth it though.

XC90
02-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Get the D5 if available in your country. I just bought the D5 (Diesel Version) and its more than just great on gas. If you can't get a D5, take the normal 2.5 Lt. Supposedly they can't fit a 5 geartronic automatic into the T6 model, that's why there is only a 4 gear autom. in it and the standard 2.5Lt has a 5 gear. Stick to it and it definately has enough power http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/happy.gif

Lars
02-19-2003, 10:43 PM
I wish the D5 was an option in the U.S. The T6 XC90 mpg at 15 & 20 mpg is about what I got with my GMC pickup with the 454 cubic inch engine! Does anybody know how to get a D5 XC90 here or when will they be offered here? Daimler Chrysler will be offering their Jeep Liberty with a diesel next year, so I don't think it would be too risky for Volvo to do it.

Gundo
02-21-2003, 12:05 PM
60 HP is a lot of HP - you will certainly notice the difference in such a heavy car.  Also, the 4 speed is a geartronic unit, so you can shift that slushbox to your hearts content. If you get the 208 hp motor, about a year from now you'll be wishing you had the 268 hp version.

VOLVO XC90 T6 AWD ..... $42,950

7 Seats
268 Horsepower, 280 ft-lb @ 1800 - 5000 rpm
2.9-Liter, 6-Cylinder Twin-Turbo
4-Speed Driver-Adaptive Automatic with "Geartronic" Transmission
Electronically Controlled All Wheel Drive
T6 Premium Package:
18" Alloy Wheels, Premium Sound System (with AM/FM In-Dash 6-CD Changer, Dolby Pro-LogicŪ II Surround Sound, 305 W, 12 Premium Speakers), Wood Steering Wheel, Power Retractable Rearview Mirrors
Versatility Package:
Third-Row Seats with Leather Seating Surfaces, Air Conditioning for Third-Row Passengers with Separate Control, Nivomat Self-Leveling Rear Suspension, Rear Audio Headphone Outlets and Controls, Integrated Sliding Center Booster Cushion (Second Row)

barrysharp
03-04-2003, 01:34 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SA1 @ Feb. 09 2003,07:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I absolutely love the XC90 and will be placing my order soon. I have driven both the T6 AWD and the smaller engine AWD. I am not sure which one to get. I like the gas mileage on the smaller engine, but will I miss the power? Also, are any dealers discounting this car or should I expect to pay MSRP.

Thanks,
SA[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
My advice/suggestion would be to convince your dealership you&#39;re a serious about the XC90 and ask if you could be allowed to drive the 5cyl/2.5t and the 6cyl/2.9tt for half a day each. This approach may help you decide between the two power trains. The 6cyl is certainly a nice engine as it&#39;s very very similar to my S80 T6. The hurdle for you is probably 1) the cost difference and 2) cost of ownership.

Don&#39;t buy/order until you feel good about your choice. I suspect either will make you happy http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Good luck.