PDA

View Full Version : Interior...

rarjani
01-07-2002, 12:52 PM
In the intro they mentioned seating a billion times, but no real mention or images of the interior. Anyone got any reasons why not. As stated in the intro, I will be spending a lot more time on the inside than I will be on the outside looking at it. What are the appointments, gadget, and options. Plush, super plush, or downright palacial. I need to know before I plunk down &#362500US for a deposit.

joshua
01-07-2002, 02:56 PM
Swedespeed.com has a good interior shot. Did I read correctly that you are going to plunk down a &#362500 deposit? I would think &#36500 would do it. And of course it should be fully refundable if you don't buy a car.

For preproduction vehicles like the one in Detroit today, the interior probably does not represent exactly what you will see in September, so I don't think Volvo wants that to be the focus at this point.

On the other hand, the following post proves me 100% wrong, so, um, never mind about the interior!  Except I think that for safety reasons it should have doors and fenders on the right side of the vehicle http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

(Edited by joshua at 5:14 pm on Jan. 7, 2002)

coastal
01-07-2002, 03:03 PM
I have just received these this morning, and haven't gotten a chance to build them into the site. Hope they help!

http://www.v70xc.com/xc90/photos/xc90-photos/7.jpg

http://www.v70xc.com/xc90/photos/xc90-photos/4.jpg

http://www.v70xc.com/xc90/photos/xc90-photos/5.jpg

http://www.v70xc.com/xc90/photos/xc90-photos/6.jpg

http://www.v70xc.com/xc90/photos/xc90-photos/3.jpg

rarjani
01-07-2002, 03:43 PM
Now that was fast!!! Not to push my luck, but did Volvo happen to publish standard equipment/options list in a concise form?  Based on these pics, I will be buying one.  I have raced Volvos for ten years and this would be a great change of pace.  I was considering getting a XC-70, but I will definetly hold off and buy this instead.  Off to the daeler I go...  Thanks again!

Art
01-07-2002, 04:34 PM
Pretty spiffy indeed! One option to consider would be the infra-red night vision system. Just another safety feature that Volvo has made available in the XC90. :biggrin:
http://volvoxc90.vcc.volvocars.se/images/explore/frontfeature_3.jpg

rarjani
01-07-2002, 04:54 PM
Okay...That cinches it!!! I must have this vehicle.   Night vision is a scary thought though.  If you can't see... should you really be driving? ...and doesn't, what appears to be a person in the road deserve to get hit?

I called the dealer and he has less info than you folks do, but he was more than willing to take my deposit!  This is a great web site!!! I will pass it on.

joshua
01-07-2002, 07:46 PM
"and doesn't, what appears to be a person in the road deserve to get hit?"

Tell us you're joking.  I figured that Volvo would attract stereotypical SUV drivers with this vehicle, but I was hoping for a 24 hour grace period! Well, at least we can be grateful that the XC90 has features that minimize damage to other cars, pedestrians, etc. in a frontal collision.

rarjani
01-07-2002, 08:09 PM
O f course I am kidding, but I did say that I raced Volvos. That is not in the norm for Volvo owners. I have a modified S80 that I have had up to 180mph for 3 straight miles. 0 - 60 in 4.6 seconds. Safety is important, but common sense is more important...and standing in the road does not exemplify common sense.  But for the record I was trying to be funny.

joshua
01-07-2002, 08:40 PM
point taken!  I think of the NV system in the context of a deer in the road, or for a supplement to poor visibility (fog, etc.).

I wish you could have had that S80 at Watkins Glen in June!  There were almost 200 Volvos on the track for a parade lap at the Volvo Sports America meet.

Now, can you maintain 180 mph for 3 straight HOURS? ;-)

Art
01-07-2002, 08:41 PM
Rarjani,

What type of pricing, if you don't mind me asking, is your dealer giving you? I heard these were going to be available until late this fall. There's been a lot of speculation in some of the other forums regarding the actual MSRP. Any idea how the XC90 compares &#36&#36&#36 wise with the other premium sport ute's such as the X5,ML,RX300,and the MDX? http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

rarjani
01-07-2002, 09:12 PM
At this point there is no pricing available.  It is only a deposit to insure first option to order when orders can be taken.  I had to do this to get my C70 Convertible and my S80.  The convertible wound up being almost a year late.  I hope I do not go through that again.

As for Watkins Glen, I used to race my 850 Turbo there and at Lime Rock when I lived in Connecticut.  180 for 3 hours is far from doable. I would love to try it!!  but the car would start shedding parts pretty quick.  Heat would kill you after only 10 or so miles. Forgetting that the stock wheels would probably warp and send me to the great beyond.  Oh, I forgot... I drive a Volvo!

I want my XC90!!

Drive Safely!

Andre
01-10-2002, 09:42 AM
Do the two third row seats bend individually?  I would sure want to fit 4 poeple in tha caras well as a lot of luggage.

rarjani
01-10-2002, 09:58 AM
I have called 4 cealerships and visited 2 more and they all ssay the same thing... they have no pricing or fianl specs yet.  My deposit only assures me that I will get the dealerships first allocated XC90, which I can then apoint the way I want it.  THey all hope to have pricing in the nect 30-45 days.  I will post my fingdings when I have them.  

My guess is that the pricing will be right in line with the ML series.  The ML is not very well apointed for being a Mercedes, and Volvo dare not try to price it higher. Fully loaded I am prepared to go to &#3650K.  You have to assume that this vehicle is everything that the S80 is and more and I paid &#3645,800 for my FULLY loaded S80 last year.  We shall see...

rich

Wesley
01-12-2002, 06:56 AM
I was at the LA Auto Show press day (last week), and told by a Volvo product manager that XC90 pricing would be under US&#3640,000

jimthebrit
01-13-2002, 08:35 AM
I notice that now with 3 sections to the middle row of seats, there is no integrated cargo/dog net.

Also, if you have two kids car seats, I imagine it will be hard/impossible to fold down the middle seats to get anyone into the rear seats. I do not really consider putting the kids seats in the rear row an option (seems like it would be hard to put kids into thoses seats, plus the limited crumple zone). This detail could be a deal breaker!

Jim

joshua
01-13-2002, 09:31 AM
There are separate 5- and 7-seat versions, so I think that those concerns would be better addressed with the 5 passenger XC90.  

rarjani
01-13-2002, 01:55 PM
In either model the middle row is a 40/20/40 configuration.  This winds up being even better for the scenerio you discribed, as you can put child seats in the center seat and one of the outer seats and still have a movable seat to access the third row.  The versitility of this seating plan is very big selling point.  Each of the middle row seats can be moved foreward indepentently and will move you children to within arms lengh of the driver.  This has got to be a first in a SUV.  

On a different subject, I am told that I will have firm/comitted options and pricing by Feb. 5.  I will pass along what I get.

rich

jimthebrit
01-13-2002, 10:54 PM
My concern would be that you would not be able to lean the seat forward with an average size car seat in place. You may be right, bu I know how much space is in my current XC... I just know it's going to be even tighter in a 3 row configuration

digitscd
01-15-2002, 07:10 PM
If the 7-person seating with baby seats is an issue you may be better off with the v70xc. It appears to me that outside of headroom (not needed for kids) the seating room is much different.

rarjani
01-15-2002, 08:02 PM
jimthebrit,

What you are describing may be the best option going.  Take the XC90 with the seven seat configuration...  Put child seats in the center and one outside seat in the middle row.  Move those seats forward. The other seat will still have room to move out of the way and let peiple into the 3rd row seats and because you moved two of the middle row seats forward, there is room in the 3rd row seats for real humans.

jimthebrit
01-19-2002, 12:43 PM
yeah, that might work... i guess i will have to go and check it out once they have cars in the showrooms.

Jim

'88 760 turbo RIP, '87 240DL, '99XC

4xc90
01-22-2002, 08:56 AM
Hello all, am new here, new to Volvo, etc. I believe I am the type of new customer Volvo wants to attract. Am ready to hang up the gas guzzling SUV profile. Can't stand anymore weekly &#3630 plus fillups. BMW, Mercedes a tad too snooty, Volvo XC90 has everything I need and some more.

Recent rumblings at my area's (Wash. DC) dealer affords some new info for the forum. They are expecting a visit of the XC90 next month or so, as a touring visit by Volvo. Am eagerly awaiting that.

Also, my dealer said that the first wave of XC90's are supposedly at the New Jersey port. Volvo wants to reduce the existing inventory of the xc70's first however, which will no doubt take a heavy sales blow when the xc90 rolls out. He thinks the 90 will arrive around the summer time frame and not fall.

Am also thinking about Volvo's very generous European delivery. Great way to tour Sweden and save 8-10%, to boot.

For now, lustily staring at the brochure. Will update, when new info available.

Regards,

jimthebrit
02-08-2002, 08:57 AM
Hi Chris... welcome to the forum.

Just one note. Don't think you are going to be avoiding &#3630 fill ups. The V70XC has way lower fuel efficiency than stated. The average mpg reported by the trip computer is 18.1 mpg and freeway is likely to be around 23-25mpg... not exactly green.

mox575
02-08-2002, 10:48 PM
I hope those back seats have more leg room than what appears in those photos. The V70 XC is limited and the 90 seems to be evn less. Hope I'm wrong.

rarjani
02-08-2002, 11:05 PM
The 3rd row seating is very tight if the middle row is all the way back.  All three of the middle row seats are separately adjustable and can be moved forward or back based on need.  But is normal seating, the back row is very tight.