PDA

View Full Version : Car Show Circuit?

coastal
02-13-2002, 11:06 PM
Anyone have a definitive list of where the XC90 is going to be shown during the 2002 car show season?

I found a link on a Canadian auto site (which I've since lost) but they didn't mention Vancouver as a show stop for the XC90. http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

saabstory
02-17-2002, 11:31 AM
I just got back from a week (of work and a little play) in San Diego. The SD International Auto Show opened the day before I left -- and was right next door to my hotel. I called the local dealership and asked if the XC90 was in town. They said, "Yes!" I couldn't believe it. I tossed the idea of a nap before the evening gala event and rushed over to the convention center w/camera in hand. &#369 later and I was in, and up the escalator to the Volvo display. What did I see?

No XC90.

A gorgeous ORE, but no XC90. I was so disappointed! I thought this was going to be my chance to see how large it is in person. No luck. The reps working the booth said that they were also told it was going to be there and weren't sure why it wasn't. I don't know if this was just to keep the large frustrated man from getting angry with them personally, or the truth.

Moral of the story: Not even the dealership can confirm if it's in town.

--Adam

BTW, I do have a nice XC90 brochure that I can scan, but it doesn't really have anything more than what we get from the web.

RMS5
04-03-2002, 09:59 AM
If you are looking for a Canadian date, I'm afraid you're out of luck in Vancouver.  Toronto was the only stop, in Feb.

Look for the XC90 at Canadian retailers in November.

Volvo for life.