PDA

View Full Version : New ( To me) 2005 XC70 - some recommendations

NTXC
11-13-2018, 10:40 AM
Hey guys, great forum you’ve got here.

I bought a 2005 XC70 with about 108K miles on it. From reading on here it’s about time to do a transmission flush. I’ve got a source for 12L of the Toyota IV fluid for $85 and just wanted to make sure this is a recommended fluid. From browsing here it seems this is the “higher quality” fluid compared to the Volvo branded. Can anyone confirm this is ideal for my car?

Additionally I’m going to drive down to SC from CT on my first road trip with the car.

I have already changed the front bearings on both sides and feel that it would be good to do as much of the front end as possible before the trip. I was thinking I would go with the following kit:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-control-arm-kit-8-piece-v70-xc70-meyle-xc70cakit3my2

My question is, seeing as this trip is Dec 26th, can I get away with installing this kit then following up with the struts/springs later in the winter? Financially I just want to get all the rubber parts replaced before the trip then move along from there throughout the winter. Is this a bad idea?

I’ll be getting the timing belt and water pump replaced before the trip as well. I already have the OEM water pump and timing belt kits. Is there a recommended coolant to supply the mechanic with?

I appreciate any tips, I’ll be here quite a bit.