PDA

View Full Version : Parking lights not flashing on lock

8pack
07-13-2018, 07:23 PM
2007 XC70...My parking lights used to flash when I locked the car. They suddenly stopped flashing. The car still locks and the alarm light blinks, but no more visual cue that the car is locked....

No recent service or changes to the vehicle

Any idea why this suddenly stopped?

xcdriver902
07-14-2018, 03:48 AM
This is going to sound strange, but try opening and closing the hood.

Willy
07-14-2018, 11:11 AM
The turn indicators flash when the alarm becomes active. If they don't flash, it often means that one of
the doors are not (fully) closed. As mentioned above, this can be the hood, but also one of the doors,
including the cargo door. When the turn indicators haven't flashed, the alarm is probably not active.
You can test this by opening doors and see (or rather hear) if the sirene comes on. If all doors are firmly
closed, there may be something wrong with one of the door-switches. Again, the hood is a known suspect.

8pack
07-16-2018, 09:08 AM
Thanks. I checked and all the doors and hood are tightly closed. I did recently lubricate the hood latches but that seems unlikely to have caused it.

Where is the button or latch that indicates the hood is closed and the doors. I looked around for a pressure switch in the doors and hood to test but could not find one.

Thanks again!

Willy
07-16-2018, 10:04 AM
There is also the possiblity that the switch, or rather the wiring to the switch, of the cargo door is broken.
It's a known item, there are a lot of threads about it such as this one:
http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?22656-Rear-Tail-Lights-Not-Working!&highlight=cargo+door+wiring

8pack
08-03-2018, 09:37 AM
I checked the rear harness and it is fine. There must be a bad switch in one of the doors or hood. Any idea how to find them? They are not obvious when looking.

user17600
08-03-2018, 03:50 PM
Try slamming the hood (drop it from a good distance). Seriously. This resolved the issue on the wife's 05 XC. Something was sticking and the height of the drop shook it loose.

8pack
08-11-2018, 05:53 PM
Would a failing alarm battery cause this to happen? Can’t find any of the door or hood latch switches....

Willy
08-12-2018, 06:14 AM
Would a failing alarm battery cause this to happen? Can’t find any of the door or hood latch switches....

Perhaps not impossible, but it's not what happend when the siren module failed in our XC70
and I can't remember reading anywhere that it caused the lights not to flash.

billr99
08-14-2018, 12:25 PM
Perhaps not impossible, but it's not what happend when the siren module failed in our XC70
and I can't remember reading anywhere that it caused the lights not to flash.

Same with me and my '05 XC.

Cheers,

Bill