PDA

View Full Version : I have been reading so much, but still have unanswered questions!!

Hamfist
06-04-2018, 11:55 AM
Hey all, new to Volvo, not new to forums or cars. I just got a 2006 xc70 with 162000 on it, seems to be well taken care of. I'm slowly getting it all up to my standards, cleanliness, comfort, etc.

I have some questions that I haven't found answers to in any forum I have found online. Sooooo, here we go!

It has as HU650 head unit, also park assist that displays when backing up. If I go with an aftermarket head unit, will I lose the backup warning? I miss having at least an auxiliary jack, and would like Bluetooth. The grom units are ok, but I want a touch screen. I just don't want to loose the backup sensors

Ok, number 2, little extra boost. Tunes are expensive! Is there a way to add a few pounds of boost that won't throw a CEL? All my previous turbo cars were ok with a little bit more. Of is there a way to tune the ME7 myself.

Speaking of performance, I have seen the geartronic is not able to handle much more tq. What's it's limit? Are there velve body upgrades, swap in a trans from a V70R?

What's the engine difference between the R and the one in the xc70. There are a few used turbos and manifolds from V70Rs on eBay. Maybe some more CFM, but stock boost will help before a tune.

Oh, and lastly, there's no oil nerd thread yet.. most forums I have been a part of there's a spot where people talk about oil, ie: rotella, mobil1 (trash), AMSoil, Royal purple, etc. The owners manual just states regular oil, but I always run full synthetic. I'm in between 5w40 and 5w30 for this car, opinions????

Thanks!