PDA

View Full Version : Replaced rear rotor, EPB not fully retracted error message, how to overcome?

zitro0101
02-15-2018, 07:01 AM
I have the 2017 XC90 T6, I have seen threads on this elsewhere but for older models. I replaced a worn rotor and pads on the rear caliper. I backed off the piston by turning it which seemed to turn the motor drive at the same time allowing the piston to retract. All went back together well, but now I have the message Parking Brake not fully retracted with dinging. I can drive the car, the parking brake does not seem to be engaged. The parking brake switch does not affect the message or parking brake. Do I just drive for a hundred miles to see if it clears? I have read about people applying 12 volts to the terminals on the EPB motor plug to move the piston to close on the rotor, should I do that? Or do I need to get some scanner and use the commands from there to deactivate/reactivate? Thanks for any advice.

hoonk
02-15-2018, 06:46 PM
do I need to get some scanner and use the commands from there to deactivate/reactivate?

Yes, and the stolen/hacked 2014D Vida/dice that is sold will not communicate with a 2016/17/18 -

zitro0101
02-15-2018, 07:13 PM
I drove the XC90 after the repair and the error message disappeared after about 50 miles of driving, and the EPB was restored, I was able to activate the auto parking brake feature! Nice!