PDA

View Full Version : 2008 xc70 windshield washer pump

sstein3
01-11-2018, 07:52 PM
I can't get the front bumper cover off so that I can replace the windshield washer pump. I found the tabs under the hood, the screws in the wheel well, and the screws under the bumper cover. What am I missing?
thanks for any help.

gdr
01-13-2018, 01:30 PM
Looks like you found all the tabs/screws.

Vida shows 7 on top, 4 in each wheel well and 3 on bottom.

Pull sides out then forward. The sides must lock on to something which must be the step you are missing for removal.

sstein3
01-15-2018, 10:07 AM
Thank you for the suggestion. I will try again. However, I found only 6 screws on top. Did I miss one?

gdr
01-15-2018, 03:26 PM
Could be one was already missing?

CVOLVO
01-22-2018, 01:27 AM
I am about to replace the "cheap" FoMoCo hose(s) that lead from the washer pump to the left headlight washer (another thread?). Last year, I was able to access the washer pump without taking off the bumper cover by removing the bottom splash pan (somewhat difficult), unscrewing the fender insert fully (without removing the wheel) and gaining access to the washer pump by removing the fog light. Once it warms up, I'll repeat this process and report back. I seem to recall the washer pump is held in place with a retaining screw and press fit via rubber grommets?

sstein3
03-01-2018, 09:28 PM
I am about to replace the "cheap" FoMoCo hose(s) that lead from the washer pump to the left headlight washer (another thread?). Last year, I was able to access the washer pump without taking off the bumper cover by removing the bottom splash pan (somewhat difficult), unscrewing the fender insert fully (without removing the wheel) and gaining access to the washer pump by removing the fog light. Once it warms up, I'll repeat this process and report back. I seem to recall the washer pump is held in place with a retaining screw and press fit via rubber grommets?

Thanks, this was helpful and I got the pump replaced. Thanks everyone for your help!