PDA

View Full Version : 2017 XC90 Fuel Filler Issue

jtreeves
01-10-2018, 09:00 AM
Greetings,

My new vehicle is having a problem with filling the fuel tank. We purchased it from the factory in March 2017. It is a T8 Hybrid.
When filling the gas tank, the filling process stops abruptly even when holding the lever.
It was repaired in October 2017 by Marietta Volvo in Atlanta by replacing parts.
The problem recurred last week. I have tried successive filling stations and the problem is with the car, not the pumps.
I took it to Don Beyer Falls Church, VA on 8 Jan. THey searched Volvo's resources and were asked to complete a checklist. That would have taken the better part of a day and they had no loaners available. They plan to call me to bring the car back when they get a loaner.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

cattlecar
01-20-2018, 11:58 AM
How long until this happens after pushing button on dash? On mine I had this happen but it was when I hit button, dug around in my computer bag looking for sunglasses and then started pumping. There is a timeout on the vent system. 10 minutes I think. I pushed the fuel door button and it took fuel without any problem then.