PDA

View Full Version : 02 V70XC 2.4t - very low fuel pressure

Tino
12-19-2017, 08:45 PM
Hi all,

Good day!

I have 2002 V70XC 2.4t and i have a few concerns regarding its fuel pressure.
It definitely drops pressure on the fuel rail after shutting the car off for a few minutes. Tested it with a fuel pressure gauge attached on the driverside end of the fuel rail.
I checked for all possible fuel leak and there’s none. I checked, the fuel pump, tank, fuel lines and filter.
No injector leak nor leak on the fuel pressure damper. Even pulled out the fuel rail while the injectors are intact to it after shutthing and turning the ignition on without cranking and not a single drop on the injector.

The car fires up in just about two seconds and it runs fine and no lack of power.
Checked the spark plugs and all have equal burn colors(rusty color)which i believe is a good cumbustion indicator. Same color on the spark plug tip and rings.

Is this something i should be worried about?

It has a fuel pressure damper instead of a regulator. How does the fuel return from the tank?
I see to fuel lines going from the tank all the way to the engine but the return line is not visible enough for me to see

Should I put a fuel check valve if the stock fuel check valve is bad? Or should i leave it be?

Your expert opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.