PDA

View Full Version : Looking for proper sleeve to 01 V70 X/C

VolvoFish
11-01-2017, 09:20 AM
I am having a hard time figuring out which transmission to angle gear coupler I need. The Collar sleeve, whatever you want to call it. My searches always lead me back to 9495034 on the sleeve, and 8636194, 8636195 for the seals. Volvo parts lisle says those are proper, but other places such as FCP and IPD says they do not fit. Does anyone know if this is correct? I do not believe the angle gear was ever replaced.

These are the parts holding me back from getting started on repairs. I'll greatly appreciate it if someone can put this question to rest. I will probably be replacing the front joint and rear axle at the same time, and of course fluids.

sjonnie
11-03-2017, 08:30 AM
You want Service Kit #30787988. Order it from Lisle or Tasca and give them your VIN at checkout, they will confirm that it's the correct fitment.

VolvoFish
11-03-2017, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the reply Sjonnie! That kit appears to contain the same individual parts I mentioned if im correct. I will order one and hope for the best since its cheaper than individuals. I'll comment back when ive got it all done.

JRL
11-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Most of the time, your dealer DOES know the correct part especially if you give them the VIN

VolvoFish
11-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Thanks JRL. Thats what I thought but I guess I was overthinking it all and worrying too much. I will keep that in mind. Quite the learning curve on these vehicles. I hope to have her back in tip top shape soon though.