PDA

View Full Version : d/s window pinch control acting up

Bronco Joe
09-21-2017, 06:47 PM
my d/s window goes up with one touch but then at the top of its run it immediately goes back down. It's as if the "pinch control" is acting up. Any thoughts on just replacing the window switch may resolve this or is it more involved? like a window control module or something? all windows work fine, just the d/s window not staying up unless I hit the window "up" control again when the window is at the top of its run

ssicarman
09-21-2017, 07:30 PM
The window has likely lost the learn for auto up. When the window comes down pull the switch up (holding it up) so that it goes up again and hold the switch for a couple of seconds. This should relearn the auto up. If needed repeat.

hoonk
09-22-2017, 09:44 AM
at the top of its run it immediately goes back down.

You need to reprogram the top position. Some later cars, as another has suggested can be programmed by simply holding the window switch up for a few seconds to set the uppermost position. If that method does not work on your car, it will require a connection to VIDA (or a scan tool capable of that function) to set the uppermost position. Make sure the outside of the glass is clean - have seen tree sap slow the window down and cause windows to auto roll down many times.

billr99
09-22-2017, 10:07 AM
Also make sure that the window tracks do not create a drag. I use dab of silicone grease in the track and that helps with the one-touch and pinch-control not working properly.

Cheers,

Bill

Bronco Joe
09-24-2017, 05:58 PM
thank you to all for the quick replies, unfortunately it did not work and I don't have a scan tool to reset it, so I'll wait until it's in for the next scheduled service. Thanks again

ssicarman
09-24-2017, 07:31 PM
Try running the window all of the way down. Hold the switch down for about 2 seconds. Then run it up all of the way holding the switch up to the up position till the window is up all of the way and continue to hold the switch for about 2 seconds. Let it go. If the window goes down again repeat the procedure in my first post.

AKAMick
09-25-2017, 08:14 AM
Just had to do my DF window as it would go back down after raising, put key to position II lower glass in auto mode, raise the glass in auto mode and mid way pull the fuse on that door module, turn and remove key, wait a few seconds, replace fuse, reinsert key to position II, raise window holding the button in up position, lower window holding the button, turn key off, turn on and check for correct operation.