PDA

View Full Version : "slpping" sensation from stop-to-accelerate sometimes

rhauptschein
08-12-2017, 06:11 PM
I had the sensation a ~couple times of 'slipping', I'm guessing from front tires, when I accelerate harder, in a straight-direction from a stop. (I may have also felt this in a hard left turn, also from a stop). (I don't feel this at all when going at-already highway speeds to faster speeds).
Any ideas?
I can will provide more information on recent car condition and services as needed. But let me keep things as unbiased as possible at first.

pbierre
08-13-2017, 06:51 AM
Are you talking about dry road conditions? Tires with good tread? Not doubting your problem is real, but just have to rule out tire traction slippage first.

rhauptschein
08-13-2017, 08:37 AM
Are you talking about dry road conditions? Tires with good tread? Not doubting your problem is real, but just have to rule out tire traction slippage first.

actually, dry conditions with Brand new tires (<300 miles)

JRL
08-13-2017, 09:56 AM
Do you know for a fact that your AWD is functioning properly?
If not, and you give it some gas in a turn you could get this as your tires are spinning.

Or, if you're referring to your 2001, your transmission may be starting to go...
You need to provide a better description

Reverend
08-19-2017, 08:25 PM
Check your transmission fluid level. IT's easy to mess that up and it doesn't take much to go from low to high on the stick.