PDA

View Full Version : Jack stand position

Harold Lee
04-02-2017, 11:42 AM
Hello, just got my used 2006 XC70, looking to put some jack stands under it but not clear on where they go. I tried searching the site but didn't get a return on the query -- the manual is less than helpful. Anybody have any photos of where to jack this car up on sides, front, rear, and placement of jack stands? Thanks -- Harold

Also, the manual shows the jack points for the little supplied Volvo jack but I think I saw somewhere else that it isn't recommended to jack up the whole side of the car using those, which will happen if you run the screwjack up high enough. Any clarification available on this too? Thanks -

AKAMick
04-02-2017, 04:32 PM
The sub frame mount positions are able to support the car, front and rear, the front sub frame cross member will lift the front easily, the rear frame mounts ahead of the wheels are good for lifting the rear, trying to lift the rear from a single point is not recommended, but can be done, easier to lift both sides with two jacks. Pad the floor jacks with blocks of wood to prevent damage to the car.

Xfingers
04-03-2017, 04:59 AM
This is an often-cited thread re: jack points:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?13513-Jack-Points

sjonnie
04-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Raise the car using the Volvo jack points on the side (a floor jack works fine) and place jack stands under the reinforced areas where the subframe meets the body. The XC90 has one side jack point and you can lift the both wheels off the ground with that.

Harold Lee
04-04-2017, 11:07 AM
Thanks to everyone for the help -- Harold