PDA

View Full Version : Front Windows - Wind Noise - Oddity

AutosDirectFlorida
03-25-2017, 01:07 PM
So here's what I've experienced and I'm curious if anyone has seen the same thing or if this is expected or what....

I noticed that my drivers window had some, what I thought was, too much wind noise one day.
I pulled the UP button a few times and the weirdest thing happened - The window moved ever so slightly and the noise went away.
I've since found that both front windows do this and its very consistent and repeatable.
Anytime I lower either of these windows, I can pull the UP button 3 times (exactly) and after the 3rd pull it will move just enough to stop the excess noise.

Anyone else experience this? If not, go test it and tell me if yours does the same thing...... :)

billr99
03-25-2017, 03:48 PM
Yep, normal. Its the way the window control calibrates its upper limit.

Cheers,

Bill

MacNoob
03-25-2017, 06:38 PM
Learn something every day.

albertj
03-27-2017, 05:43 AM
Check if the tracks in the weatherstrips are clean.

wgriswold
03-27-2017, 11:10 AM
Mine has been that way since the day I got it in 2003. When using the auto up feature I don't get wind noise but the window rattles and drives me crazy. I always manually hit the up button after using the auto up.

AutosDirectFlorida
03-27-2017, 12:30 PM
Mine has been that way since the day I got it in 2003. When using the auto up feature I don't get wind noise but the window rattles and drives me crazy. I always manually hit the up button after using the auto up.

I'm just glad I figured it out. Makes a very nice difference in the noise.
The window actually appears to lower just slightly when I do it, but it works..........

albertj
03-27-2017, 01:26 PM
I'm just glad I figured it out. Makes a very nice difference in the noise.
The window actually appears to lower just slightly when I do it, but it works..........

Come to think of it -- on the current body style Ford Mustang the window lowers about 3/16" automatically when one closes the doors so that the air pressure does not get in the way of the closing.

Maybe this window not up all the way is a similar "feature" on late model Fjords (Volvos). I wonder if that can be verified.

If so, then maybe forget what I said about lubing the weatherstrips.